Sr Network Engineer (REMOTE)
Quadtec Solutions, Inc Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $160,000 to $165,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
- The Sr. Network Engineer participates and/or leads design and engineering projects for the customer enterprise network involving the extension and application of advanced engineering and networking principles and concepts.
- Designs and implements computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks including Software Defined Networks (SDN), Application Analysis, and Quality of Service.
- Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. Also designs network and computer security measures. Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Up Logix LM83(x), Cisco LAN 9500 and 9300s highly preferred
- Performs work that will include a variety of complex features and require multi- or interdisciplinary approaches.
- Conducts advanced and state-of-the-art assignments such as network design optimization, technical trade studies, specification of equipment configurations, technology assessment, technology insertion planning, capacity planning, and configuration management.
- Examples of other activities include the following:
- network architecture and strategic planning
- Evaluate network performance reports and provide network consulting support
- Engineer / re-engineer network consistent with customer service level requirements and approved requirements document (i.e. IPv6, multi-VRF, QOS, etc.)
- Plan logical addressing, redundancy, capacity (logical & physical).
- Provide network design implementation and Tier 4 operations support.
- Provide technical information for, and final technical editing of, all documents and proposals
- Works at an enterprise level and in cross-functional teams to assist with the development of strategic and enterprise plans.
- Must have great, customer-focused, team-oriented communications and consultative skills, be highly accountable, be self-directed and productive with strong work ethic, be willing to show “presence” and availability on IM during business hours
- MUST be fully COVID vaccinated and US Citizen!
- No recurring travel is planned and this is primarily a remote position.
- MUST be able to pass a background check, drug screening and onboarding process efficiently.
US Veterans or Vets in families are preferred (please note on resumes)
Quadtec Solutions, Inc
IT Professional Services Firm focused on Information Communications Technologies - www.quadtec.com
TechnologyView all jobs at Quadtec Solutions, Inc