1. Skill Category
- CAD Designer – electrical / electronic / wire harness
2. Required knowledge / skills / experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Electrical and Communication with 3-8 years of experience in Interconnect /Wiring harness design.
- Hands on experience in creating 3D/2D models are mandatory. Experience in NX shall be preferable.
- Experience in Electrical system architecture design, wiring design, harness design and form board design are required.
- Experience in the aerospace domain shall be preferred.
- Must have worked through development cycle and should have thorough knowledge in wiring and harness component selection and preparing of build to print (BTP) packages for EMS / CMS agencies to manufacture.
- Hands on experience in utilizing tools like DFMEA and APQP preferred.
- Knowledge on applicable MIL standards for components and DO-160 standards desirable.
- Independent executor without supervision & a mentor qualities are a must.
- Collaborating and communicating with cross functional teams and all stakeholders is a must.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office Tools is desirable.
3. Desirable knowledge / skills / experience
- Wiring Diagram design from conceptual design to final design, including architecture and point-to-point diagrams.
- Create 2D/ 3D Wiring layout / models & routing utilizing tools, preferably NX.
- Must be familiar with MBD / DPD design criteria
- Must be able to contribute to cost reduction opportunities by component selection that is manufacturer agnostic.
- Manage changes and support prototype & pre-production changes.
- Be Intimately acquainted with developing Build to Print Packages for Manufacture by EMS / CMS entities.
4. Job Description
- Development and maintenance of mechanical and electrical designs for aerospace wire harnesses.
- Creates drawings, drawing trees, specifications, design folders and manuals in accordance with customer requirements, parameters, engineering processes, and/or procedures.
- Convert 3D models to 2D diagrams
- Coordinating development of product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality.
5. Other Information
- Location – Huntsville, AL
- Position type – full time / salaried
- Level – Journeyman (5-10 years)
- Travel – No travel anticipated for this position
- Number of openings - 2