Director of Accounting - On Site -San Antonio
- Posted: 23 days ago
Director of Accounting: QUADRANT BIOSCIENCES - On Site at office in San Antonio TXReports to: VP Finance and Treasurer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company focused on developing novel molecular diagnostics and virtual care solutions to accelerate patient diagnoses and access to life-changing therapeutic treatments. Quadrant Biosciences works with top academic institutions, medical researchers, and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into thoughtfully developed, scientifically sound applications. Starting with a simple saliva swab, we leverage next generation sequencing and the power of AI to develop accurate molecular diagnostics for a range of medical conditions including, autism spectrum disorder, concussion, and Parkinson’s disease. Quadrant Biosciences was recently highlighted on CNN, NPR, Bloomberg, and Huffington Post for its groundbreaking work.Job Scope
The Finance team is growing and supports all lines of business under the Quadrant Biosciences umbrella (As You Are, Frazier Behavioral Health, Quadrant Laboratories and Autism Analytica). We are seeking a strong Director of Accounting with previous experience in hospital, lab or telehealth setting a plus. The Director of Accounting, under the direction of the VP Finance & Treasurer, will lead and support the accounting function by maintaining accurate financial information within the general ledger. This position will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reporting, ensuring the department adheres to strict internal and external (SEC reporting) deadlines. This role will continually improve and streamline accounting processes and reporting, creating efficiencies where possible, while maintaining GAAP compliance and adhering to all Board and Audit Committee policies. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading the effort in PCAOB audit. Finally, this position will have oversight of ad hoc reporting.
The Director of Accounting has frequent interactions and will work collaboratively with all levels and departments in the organization, including executives and leading department managers. The Director of Accounting adheres to and supports all established company policies and procedures set forth by Quadrant Biosciences and supports its mission, vision, and values.Core Competencies:
- Solutions focused, with a flexible mindset, and a knowledge of institutional grade workflows.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; interact with members of senior management and executives.
- Ability to handle ambiguous and complex issues, break down issues into component parts and pursue resolution.
- Ability to handle competing priorities.
- Unparalleled follow through and ability to anticipate workflow and operational risk.
- 7-10 years solid accounting/finance experience with continued increased responsibilities and career progression.
- 5+ years experience in healthcare industry preferred, with a solid understanding of the RCM function, claims processing as well as back-end financial processes and systems.
- Experience with transformation and automation of accounting and financial activities and systems.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Lead all assigned team members in the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, analysis for actuals & comparative results to plan and forecasts.
- Support and develop new & existing staff for functional skills, leadership development and opportunities for self-development.
- Support and maintain internal control policies and procedures to ensure timely/accurate results.
- Responsible for staying current with accounting pronouncements, technical accounting research, drafting technical accounting memos/whitepapers. For example, but not limited to ASC 842 and 606.
- Review & maintain elimination and consolidation entries to accurately report consolidated results for all levels of the organization for US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Oversee all sales and use tax filings and any State Regulatory filings.
- Work closely with RCM team to ensure proper recording and reconciliation of claims payments and adjustments (contractual and bad debt reserves), claims overpayments and refunds, ensuring processes comply with corporate and regulatory policies. Ensure Accounts Receivable and cash are reconciled properly and timely.
- Support the teams, when necessary, that are responsible for development of EMR/EHR and other payment (premium and claims) systems with required definitions, testing and documentation as it relates to accounting & finance data and reporting.
- Ensure that accounting & financial operations activities/transactions meet all requirements in accordance with our provider contracts and government programs, including Medicare.
- Assist accounting & finance on large corporate initiatives that impact the operations or reporting.
- Design and implement automated processes where applicable to eliminate or reduce manual effort.
- Maintain effective working relationships across the corporation to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals or desired results.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- 8-10 years of accounting and finance experience in a managerial role, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Audit, Compliance, General Ledger and Financial Reporting experience.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while adjusting priorities as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a positive mental attitude.
- Comfortable working in at times an ambiguous environment within an organization that is growing and changing rapidly.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Microsoft Suite and Google products.
- Advance Excel skills, including pivot tables, V-look ups and logic functions.
This position requires sitting for extended amounts of time with a majority of the tasks requiring typing at a computer station.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position is mainly a stationary position involving sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Involves use of standard laptop, along with ancillary technology hardware and software. May require lifting up to 20 pounds.
Quadrant Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quadrant Biosciences Inc
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?