Customer Service Representative/ Inside Sales
The customer services representative position is responsible for processing orders for merchandise received by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail or personally from customers or company employees. Maintains and interacts primarily utilizing the phone and other forms of electronic communication to a broad scope of new and existing customers to increase sales of products and/or services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Edits orders received for price and nomenclature in FACTS.
- Informs customers of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Writes or types order forms, or enters data into FACTS, to determine total cost for customer.
- Prints shipment documents and required documents for international orders.
- Records or files copy of orders received.
- Answer incoming phone calls, promptly.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Computes price, discount, and shipping charges as required.
- Identify low gross margin prior to finalizing order.
- Specifies if special labeling is required for shipment and in some instances, supplies to the shipping department.
- Confers with warehouse or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Monitor and reconcile open order reports if assigned.
- Answers questions from customers or individuals on how a product operates or directs them to the person able to assist them.
- Inputs customer name and e-mail address into HubSpot.
- Transmits new pricing, with the correct multiplier, to customers.
- Quote products requested by customer by phone, e-mail, or fax in a timely manner.
- Fill out a completed request form and give to purchasing to create a new part number.
- Input order from customer to drop ship from vendor, send the purchase order to the vendor and follow up from the vendor on the ship date.
- Help in the store when needed and can perform most store functions.
- When needed pick and pack customer orders for shipping.
- Occasionally assist with deliveries with approval from the Owner.
- Assist customers by having orders go to logo merchandise, using proper procedure.
- Enter orders into FACTS for other Quad City Safety warehouses.
- Research updates to vendor pricing before quoting or making sale to customer.
- Have knowledge of all products sold at Quad City Safety to better inform customers on the use or purpose of the products.
- Pull web orders from Nucleus and process in FACTS.
- Identify potential prospects in Hub Spot and make contact using e-mail, phone or social-media to identify potential new customers.
- Make outbound calls to past or current customers in attempt for new sales.
- Pull in and process EDI orders if assigned.
- Telephones prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline.
- Assist accounting in reconciling past due invoices when necessary.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
>UPS Quantum View
>Others as needed
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office, retail store, and warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on an appropriate device as necessary. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required. This position may require occasionally to lift to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is not frequent but may be requested to travel to the customer, seminars, and training.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma, or two to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training or experience in MS Office; excel, word, outlook.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Three years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
At Quad City Safety, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.