Essential Job Functions:
As a Transitions Project Engineer and part of a QuEST Outsource team, the candidate will be responsible for daily activities in support of a business unit with specific goals and objectives to be delivered on time/per schedule. The position involves the transition of critical aerospace parts through the customers’ passport process. This role is for a high capability resource that is adaptable and willing to learn about the customer’s requirements and work in-line with their deliverable goals to meet deadlines.
The role of this Transition Project Engineer will require the candidate to be HIGHLY organized, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be team oriented, and have excellent higher level coordination skills; have existing knowledge of Aerospace Engineering terminology is a plus; and be eager to learn new skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Possess the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects for internal and external customers
- Possess a keen eye for detail and a good memory
- Be proactive about communicating with employees from shop floor workers to executives, within and outside of the primary department
- Communicate persistently, pleasantly, clearly, and consistently
- Manage time between customer and employer, disseminate information in a concise manner from management to team/customer,
- Be committed to follow up and follow through, sustain own energy throughout a project/task
- Actively reach out and supports other team/workgroup members; be enthusiastic about the successes of others in the team/workgroup; act as a resource to the team/workgroup.
- Actively engage in developing own talent; be an eager and avid learner
- Be able to make sense of and synthesize confusing or conflicting information rationally
- Associates of Science Degree (or on the job equivalence) or higher, engineering related field and specific knowledge of manufacturing environments preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience (aerospace or automotive experience preferred)
- Project management experience. PMP certification a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing (aerospace or automotive experience preferred)
- Supply chain work experience.
- Familiar with standard project management tools and database functions
- Able to work within Shop Floor environment and lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to learn new software and ramp up quickly.
Specialized knowledge and skills
- Understanding/experience of PRO-008 work transfer policy a plus.
- Transition support/NPI (new product introduction) experience preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Supply Chain
- Compliance with all Export Control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated history of appropriately handling confidential and private data.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstration/Evidence of Leadership examples required during interview
- Prefer experience within Aerospace, Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technologies
- High level or intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office tools Excel, Access are required
- Moderate proficiency or ability to gain it in PowerPoint, SharePoint, SAP, and Excel are extremely beneficial to success
Personal Work Attributes
- Self-motivated, disciplines, and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Energetic and willing to work across time zones with a global team
- Great interpersonal and networking skills
Core Value Alignment
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet occasional business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Windsor, CT