Are you an experienced Senior Software Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Join our fast growing team supporting leading Aerospace companies! If you are a highly-motivated individual, a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in technology, we have the perfect job for you! We are seeking a strong Full Stack Developer to work with our development team in order to deliver the best software solutions to our network of customers.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
The Digital Solutions Team
We are a newly formed and fast-growing team with ambition, excitement, and a will to innovate. Digital Solutions is on the front lines of exciting new business opportunities for QuEST, and our valuable skillsets fuel important company initiatives. We value employee satisfaction and work-life balance, and our team policies reflect that. For employees seeking new challenges, we also provide ample opportunity to rise above expectations and take on additional responsibilities.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will design, develop, implement, and maintain software solutions as required to meet the needs of our customers and achieve business goals. You will typically operate as the technical leader of several small project teams, exercising autonomy while reporting to the Digital Solutions Center Manager. You will implement and review test plans, data, and reports to ensure product(s) complies with requirements. You will at many times oversee multiple projects across all phases of development, while monitoring workflow and making timeline adjustments as needed. Your priorities will periodically shift as projects change phases and new opportunities arise. As a result, you can expect plenty of variety and a well-rounded workload.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end, with plenty of support to help you swim. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
- Perform requirements gathering and formal documentation for the same
- Interact with customers and transpose requirements in to technical designs
- End to end development/design of web and desktop applications
- Development/design of SharePoint sites & content
- Develop design documents, project documentation, release documents, and technical procedural documentation
- Set and adjust project milestones
- Work within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Present work to customers at Product Reviews
- Promote a Scrum/Agile working environment
- Interface with other QuEST departments to achieve cross functional goals
- Contribute to Scrum meetings, project kickoffs, etc.
- Keep informed with Scrum/Agile best practices and new trends; continuous improvement
- Mentor Team Members
- Interview new team prospects
- Develop technical capabilities building blocks and curriculum
- Provide (and create if needed) training to up and coming developers on the team
- Schedule is 8:30-5 Monday-Friday, with some flexibility
- B.S. in computer science with 6+ years’ experience
- Previous working experience as a Senior Software Engineer/Full Stack Developer
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles (Scrum certification is a plus)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming & Relational Databases
- Knowledge of development and design of web and desktop applications
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science
- Knowledge of web frameworks like Flask and Rails
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- A keen eye for design and quality of user experience
- Extensive experience using dev/build tools such as Git
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytic skills including Root Cause Analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt as circumstances change
- Ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks and opportunities
- Motivation to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Appreciation for people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- US Citizenship required
Location: Windsor, CT
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST’s culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, and Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world. The company now employs over 12,000 engineers with aspirations of continued successful growth and innovation.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.