Title :Project Engineer/Master Scheduler
Job Description :
Are you an open minded, detail oriented leader who is able to adapt quickly in a dynamic business environment? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your enthusiasm and experience managing projects to working with customers from major industry leading companies? If you are ready to grow your opportunities and career in project management, come work with us!
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
We are a growing team working with some of the biggest aerospace companies in the world. Our projects range in size, scope and application from proof of concepts, to execution of major equipment changes, to sustainable life-cycle maintenance. You and your team-mates will oversee, manage and lead projects with some of the most cutting edge technologies in the industry.
The successful candidate is expected to take the with program planning, budgeting and reporting, risk management, as well as a myriad of other tasks.. A strong financial and engineering background, as well as scheduling experience required. You will have regular and frequent communication with the execution team both internally and at the customer side. You will be expected to manage the customer communication and represent QuEST in the best way to ensure a continued positive relationship. You will have the opportunity to grow the business by establishing and maintaining an excellent reputation with your direct clients and through your client network. You will also build your project team to ensure a great teamwork environment, continuous skill building, and outstanding deliverable quality.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you have much opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
- Creating and accurately maintaining the engineering task schedule
- Monitor deviations
- Coordinate work package release
- Analyze EVMS metrics
- Maintain risk management plans
- Track and maintain drawing releases
- Record meeting minutes and action items to keep project on task and ensure actions are completed quickly
- Maintain metrics related to requirements management
- Update and present status reports to show project progression
- Daily tracking of workflow documents within SAP
- Coordinate and support status review meetings
- Develop and track engineering plans and budgets
- Daily updating spreadsheets pertaining to design tasks
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, to include creating and manipulating pivot tables, burn-down charts, graphs and capable of using formulas
We’re excited to talk to you if:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of scheduling experience
- Have a BS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Are proficient with Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel (pivot tables, formulas), PowerPoint)
- MS Project experience is highly desired
- Have the ability and willingness to learn new software
- Work well with others in a team setting, but also be able to learn and take on new tasks on your own
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment without a lot of management oversight. You are independent and forward looking.
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Location: Rockford, IL