Title :Project Engineer - Drawing Release
Job Description :
Are you a highly organized and detail oriented professional? Do you have a background in project management, preferably in an engineering environment? Do you have a passion to work in aerospace or the defense industry? Then QuEST may have the job for you.
Who is QuEST?
We are a global product engineering and lifecycle solutions company. Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Defense, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 12,000 problem solvers in 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but that we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the industry.
QuEST has a track record of scaling services for new customers. We are leveraging that expertise to build a new team supporting one of the largest defense contractors in the country. As a member of this team, you will be on the front lines helping establish the next big account for QuEST. Experienced managers in Delivery will be supporting you and the new team as we launch our unique Engineering Process Services model to help our customers recapture some of their precious bandwidth and help them deliver top notch aerospace and defense products.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of technical and behavioral skills to thrive in an engineering environment. You will perform a critical support role in assisting overburdened engineers by helping track and manage processes within the drawing release/hardware delivery workstream. Perhaps most importantly, you will help our customers deliver high quality products on time. How? By being proactive in overcoming obstacles, providing answers to questions, keeping the process moving, and always looking for ways to improve.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call “intrapreneurial”. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Our focus is on fostering a collaborative environment based on the belief that we can be more effective and achieve more as a team rather than individually.
- Working with customer’s engineers, manage, update, and status drawing release plan.
- Support drawing review meetings, including: scheduling and attending meetings, compiling presentation material, and tracking action items to closure.
- Tracking of inquiries related to drawing and orders, both internal to the customer and from the supplier.
- Creating and presenting weekly status reports.
We’re excited to talk to you if:
- You hold a minimum AS degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in engineering or aerospace
- Have solid skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Have a working knowledge of any of the following:
- Project scheduling
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system (Windchill, Teamcenter, etc.)
- SharePoint or another collaboration application
- Work well in a team oriented environment.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are always seeking ways to do things better and faster without compromising quality.
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment without a lot of management oversight. You are independent and forward facing.
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!