Would you jump at the chance to design cutting edge technology in the Aerospace field with the support network of experienced leadership behind you? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your engineering know-how to come up with innovative solutions to engineering problems?
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
We are a growing, new team with ambition and excitement. Experienced managers will be supporting you and the new team to manage the work and deliverables. You will have help, but this is a place to innovate. You will have new customers, and are encouraged to design new solutions to engineering challenges. You are empowered to make decisions, but with support from your leadership when you need it.
The successful candidate is expected to create, evaluate and implement design solutions for Aerospace components. The Packaging Engineering will develop and maintain shipping controller card assemblies from Puerto Rico to Phoenix. The engineer must be familiar with board design and Aegis software and similar tools.
In addition, you will be the face of QuEST to our customers. Listen to customer’s problems, and build on the experiences you have personally had, then develop innovative ways to solve their engineering problems.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you have much opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
· Plans/develops primary, secondary and tertiary packaging and shipping/distribution containers for controller card assemblies in response to customer quality, marketing requirements, and working with dimensional tolerance, copy control, material compatibility/specifications and standards.
· Experience in development of ESD protective packaging for ESD sensitive items.
· Must be proficient in Military Specs
· Document best practices defining required packaging or material handling item on a product’s bill of materials.
· Specify and recommend test methods to validate the packaging material received at the site.
· Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specification.
· Holding and participating in design reviews and resolving action items
We’re excited to talk to you if:
· Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
· Experience in design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development.
· Must be proficient with documenting manufacturing processes and be able to generate and maintain manufacturing documentation such as manufacturing routers and work instructions.
· Experience working in an electrical manufacturing environment where ESD procedures are followed.
· Experience in SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
· Strong communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
· Communication in English and Spanish helpful
Location: Puerto Rico
Travel: Up to 95%
Compensation type: Exempt
Reports to: Technical Manager