The purpose of this job is development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance. This position focuses on using business insights to improve talent management and business performance. The incumbent will wear many HR hats—as a partner, employee advocate, employee relations expert, and HR policy/ operations person.
Education, Training & Experience:
· BS degree - Required
· BS/MS in HR or equivalent experience - Desirable
· Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint – Required
· The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience
The HR Business partner – Will help to implement HR/people interventions to drive business initiatives and deliver results. Will be responsible for responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental capability development, employee alignment, Benefits, compensation, and employment law.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Business partnership/ support - Develop programs to increase employee engagement, provide change leadership, talent development, career & succession planning, retention and supporting process improvements.
· Partner with business managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their full potential
· Employee Relations - Provide guidance on employee relations issues, either by partnering with internal HR compliance team or leading investigations/managing outcomes. Provide ongoing support to the business team on any people related matters, policies or procedures
· Communication - Establish and develop pro-active communication channels between individuals and groups – local & global Enabler team; business units. Ensure consistency in communications
· Driving Engagement & Special Projects - Project Management activities for various HR initiatives including performance management, promotion processes, compensation programs, enhancement of employee satisfaction scores, rewards & recognition programs.
· Support key programs like Employee training programs; Women’s group; internship programs
· Labor law compliance – Ensure compliance to labor laws FMLA; ADA; EEOC; FLSA; posting requirements. Create job descriptions for all new roles.
· Talent management: Work collaboratively with cross-functional and global HR team members to drive annual people cycles, special projects, and broader HR/people initiatives.
· Facilitate Interventions/programs to utilize succession planning programs for key contributor and leadership positions, training and development programs to prepare future leaders for future roles and leveraging internal development programs to build skills.
· Change management & HR experience is highly desirable
· Communication: demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to build and nurture trusted advisor relationship with business managers. Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate in leadership forums. Collaborate effectively with HR functions to solve issues
· Data Analysis: Ability to interpret data and use effectively to identify trends or issues, and provide insights and interventions focused on business and people issues.
· Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Personal Work Attributes:
- Self-motivated, always seeking to improve the work and oneself.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team, cutting across regions & cultures
- Strong time management & project management skills
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Office Environment
- Common activities include sitting, walking and standing.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a US citizen to be considered
- This position is not interested in offering relocation
Location: Windsor, CT