Your Future Engineering Role:
As Embedded Software Engineer you will
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of real-time, embedded software written in C++ for the QNX operating system.
- Assignments will be accomplished in an Agile team setting using modern design principles and employing extreme programming (XP) techniques.
- Design, develop, and test real-time, embedded software in C++ running in the QNX RTOS
- Use the QNX Momentics and Microsoft Visual Studio IDE’s for all phases of software development
- Develop automated continuous integration (CI) tests, unit tests, and functional tests
- Participate in all phases of software development from product definition to production release
- Apply XP methodologies such as Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), micro-testing, and pair programming to drive early bug detection and world-class software quality
To be successful in Mechanical Liaison Engineer position you will need the following
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years' experience with C/C++ programming in an embedded environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS), preferably QNX
- Experience with automated test methodologies
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with software build and installation methodologies
- Knowledge of Ethernet communications (knowledge of one or more industrial fieldbus communication protocols such as FOUNDATION Fieldbus, PROFINET, CANopen, etc. desired)
- Knowledge of Intel (x86), PPC or ARM microprocessors and/or microcontrollers
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development process
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle including product delivery and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
We are excited to talk to you if you have keen eye on manufacturing and passion for design or it is one of your career aspirations.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Office Environment only.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Salem, VA
Travel: Not Required
Compensation Type: Full Time Salaried
Reports to: Project Leader