Controls Engineer (GE MarkVIe control system)
QuEST Global Greenville, SC
- Expired: June 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Control Engineer – Pitch Systems
Job Description :
Would you jump at the chance to support an office on the cutting edge in technology in the Renewable Power Generation field with the support network of experienced leadership behind you? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your Testing know-how to assist a fast paced growing office? If you are fatigued with bureaucracy, and the same monotonous day to day job, then come and be part of our team.
We are a growing, new team with ambition and excitement. Experienced managers in Delivery will be supporting you and the new team to manage the work and deliverables. You will have help, but this is a place to innovate. You will have new customers, and are encouraged to design new solutions to engineering challenges. You are empowered to make decisions, but with support from your leadership when you need it.
We just crossed the 24-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you will have the opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
- Designing and development of webforms and writing the business logic for the functionality of controls
- Ability to work effectively with multiple clients with a global team across cultural boundaries
- Design pitch to be safely system on battery/pitch fault. Design for safe repair and recovery
- Dive of FMEA reassessment on safety related failure modes i.e. “manual mode switch” and implement mitigation actions
- Regression test on pitch software with hardware integration
- Process & Documentation for Pitch Safety design and software requirement
- Interface document for S/W release for each pitch system
- Setup and execution of load testing for Hubs and Pitch sub-systems
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical & Electronics engineering discipline
- Technical experience of 8 years on Pitch systems for Wind Turbines
- Experience in Matlab- Simulink with Model-Based Development
- Experience in software development of control systems design, verification & validation
- Strong Knowledge on battery & pitch system
- Experience Regression test pitch software with hardware integration
- Knowledge of the GE MarkVIe control system, ControlST, ToolboxST a strong plus communicate
- Ability to interpret functional requirements and translate into control logic trackability
- Knowledge of the GE MarkVIe control system
- Experience of wind turbine control
Location: Greenville, SC or Salem, VA
Travel: < 5%
Compensation type: Salaried
Reports to: Program Manager
ManufacturingView all jobs at QuEST Global