Are you a highly organized and detail oriented professional? Do you have a background in purchasing, preferably in aerospace or defense? Are you a leader who can help others learn what you know? Then QuEST may have the job for you.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Defense, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 12,000 problem solvers in 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but that we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
QuEST has a track record of scaling services for new customers. We are leveraging that expertise to build up our Supply Chain center of excellence supporting several key new customers who are major in their industry. As a member of this team, you will be on the front lines helping establish the next big account for QuEST. Experienced managers in Delivery will be supporting you and the new team as we launch a team to provide support to our customers’ procurement function.
To be successful in this role, you need a background in procurement and the behavioral skills to influence without authority. You will perform a critical support role in assisting overburdened buyers, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. You will be among the first QuEST team members executing this work for this customer and will need to help new team members come up to speed as the engagement expands. Key to your success is your ability to be proactive in finding solutions to the customer’s problems, overcoming obstacles, and finding opportunities to bring consistency and improvement to the customer’s processes.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call “intrapreneurial”. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Our focus is on fostering a collaborative environment based on the belief that we can be more effective and achieve more as a team rather than individually.
In this role, you will responsible to define and implement the sourcing strategy for machined parts & assemblies. This includes acting as a liaison among procurement, suppliers, and engineering. Tasks may include the following:
- Lead market trend analysis, external benchmarking, spend analysis, supplier rationalization and development, supplier risk, performance and compliance monitoring, and ongoing supplier management and governance
- Program manage the supplier selection, qualification, development, and overall supplier management, including drafting, managing and terminating contracts
- Create and enforce policies to drive/enable the commodity strategy, drive process improvement/simplification, and optimize sourcing resources that deliver improved operational efficiency and/or enhance the value to the businesses
- Partner with deploy organization to ensure appropriate support, fulfillment and quality requirements meet business expectations
- Identify and assess supplier capabilities; measure and manage supplier performance
- Collaborate and influence stakeholders and peers to develop a commodity strategy
- Responsible for the commodity regional reporting of savings.
These tasks are representative of the work that will be completed. In addition to these tasks, as a lead, you will be responsible for helping new team members understand and execute the tasks.
When this engagement kicks off, you will be required to meet weekly with customer leads and management to develop relationships with the customer’s teams.
We’re excited to talk to you if:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum 5 years of experience in Commodity Management required
- A Master’s degree is preferred, but not required
- A minimum 6 years of professional experience within the areas of Sourcing or supply chain management, preferably from an international company
- Experience managing commodities with a large number of components ( > 1,000)
- Excellent English skills both orally and in writing
- Good negotiation, strong analytical and outstanding communication skills
- Energetic, independent and proactive and have a strong systematic and structured approach to your assignments
- Strive in handling many topics at the same time while staying positive and enthusiast
- Dedicated team player thriving in a dynamic environment with many cross-cultural interfaces
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Work well in a global team oriented environment.
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment without a lot of management oversight. You are independent and forward facing.
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Location(s): Windsor, CT preferred, open to other US domestic locations
Travel: Will require travel to selected supplier sites (50-60%); North America only
This job can be performed remotely. Due to collaboration with India, Germany, Singapore, Eastern Time zone is preferred.
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST’s culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, and Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world. The company now employs over 12,000 engineers with aspirations of continued successful growth and innovation.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.