Sr Quality / Aero Design Engineer - MRE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
QuEST Global (engineering) Services is seeking either full or part time candidates for the role of Sr. Quality/Design Engineer- MRE (Material Review Engineer) within the Aero-Engine industry and located in Lansing, MI. This hybrid technical role combines the education, skills and experience background of Design Engineers with the tools, requirements, and knowledge associated with the Quality and Manufacturing disciplines to review, evaluate and make formal dispositions on non-conforming parts. Incumbents engage in global cross functional engineering relationships including interaction with the Design Authority / Responsible parties. Other similar skill set work will supplement this MRB (Material Review Board) work. Minimal travel required. The focus of this posting is for Friday - Monday AM service. Other postings focus on M-F 1st shift. The MRE position is worked in a off-site (home) / on-site capacity based on customer needs. US Citizenship required. MRE Certification training required and offered. Must be able to obtain and hold MRE certification for this role. Additional requirements below.
Primary Job Functions:
- Review and disposition Non-Conforming Material (parts) from OEM, Suppliers, and Aftermarket. Work includes ability to review fit, form, function, interchangeability, health, safety, intended use, weight, appearance and classification (major vs minor) based on provided / obtained technical information. Also, the ability to determine/review part repair requirements or usage conditions
- Member of cross functional rapid response teams formed to assess, address, and document/discuss critical production issues requiring an on-site presence.
- Conduct other typical quality engineering activities - when required.
- Part & Process Qualification / Verification / Validation (FAI; PPAP, etc.)
- Proactive Process Development / Supplier Development
- Quality Management System, Process, Tool compliance
- In everything, help foster growth of QuEST’s Engineering Services across the life cycle of our customer’s products.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Project Management: Execution and Support levels
- Generate Productivity Improvement or Cost Avoidance ideas
- Mature QuEST’s tools, systems, procedures, SW, checklists
- Provide technical work review/training/support to others
- Partake in cultural/social responsibility activities
- Personnel Management/Development
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to read/interpret drawings including understanding of GD&T
- Reviewing engineering assessments, findings, investigations, repairs
- Familiarity of CAB (Corrective Action Board) activities
- Supplier interactive events
- Presenting technical date/results to customer and regulatory representatives (Federal Aviation Administration; Defense Contract Management Admin)
- Knowledge (breadth and depth) of modern high tech manufacturing processes (metal, composites) and associated support equipment, gaging, and handling
- Interaction with MRP systems (Oracle/SAP/CAPP/Solumina)
- Developing/mentoring less experienced engineers
Education, Training, and Experience:
- BSME or equivalent technical field (BSAE)
- 10+ years Aero-Engine/ Industrial gas power turbine component design (fit / function) experience
- Prior MRB (Material Review Board) and/or Non-Conformance process experience (preferred)
- Quality Engineering experience in Non-Conforming Material systems and processes
- Quality certifications - noteworthy
Personal Work Attributes:
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and organized
- Passion for developing technical and business solutions
- Ability to persuade and influence without authority
- Maintain integrity & ethics in all situations
- Superior customer interaction / Collaborative yet firm Supplier relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Office and Shop Floor Environments
- Services Oriented: Must be able to meet multiple commitments for QuEST’s customers
- Common activities include sitting, walking and standing
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early, OT
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Locations: Lansing, MI
Shift: Alternate work week Friday-Monday. Potential for paid OT.
Compensation Type: Salary Exempt w/ benefits (or Hourly non-Exempt if P/T and limited benefits)
Status: Full Time (40 hrs) / Part Time (up to 32 hrs/wk)
Reports to: Quality Engineering Discipline Center - Windsor, CT
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST's culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, ad Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST is a global company and employs the best of talent across geographies India, North America, UK, Spain, Italy and Australia.
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AAE
QuEST Global EngineeringWhy Work Here?
We care about YOU and YOUR GROWTH!!! We need your skillset and help to improve our already great company!
We are Quest Global. We’re in the business of engineering, but what we’re really building is a brighter future. It’s not just what we do, but why we do it that makes us different. We believe engineering has the unique opportunity to solve the problems of today that stand in the way of tomorrow. For 25 years, we have strived to be the most trusted partner for the world’s hardest engineering problems. As a global organization headquartered in Singapore, we live and work in 17 countries, with 56 global delivery centers, driven by 13,000+ extraordinary employees who make the impossible possible every day. Quest Global brings deep industry knowledge and digital expertise to deliver E2E global product engineering services. We bring together technologies and industries alongside the contributions of diverse individuals and their areas of expertise to solve problems better, faster. This multi-dimensional approach enables us to solve the most important and large-scale challenges across the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Energy, Hi-Tech, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Rail and Semiconductor industries.