Lead Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
QuEST Global Engineering York, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
Job Description :
Essential Job Functions:
- As a Senior Level Manufacturing Engineer, you will be required to lead, mentor, support and assist the manufacturing team and production floor. Providing consistent and visionary direction leading to state of the art productivity improvements and opportunities in machining, fabrication, assembly and automation.
Senior Manufacturing Representatives must have a proven record of managing and leading the daily activities and demands of a manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated skills may include:
- Interfaces with internal and external customers and / or suppliers with the ability to discuss technical issues present visionary manufacturing opportunities.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing process methods & techniques including machining
- Knowledge of GD&T and can integrate into a process and quality plan
- Intimate knowledge of B/P reading and interpretation.
- Works with design engineering to develop new product and insure manufacturability
- Must have intimate Lean Manufacturing knowledge: Including Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Six-sigma tools, Cell Theory, Supply Chain, Kanban, FMEA & RCA
- Understands the importance of safety and ergonomics when implementing manufacturing processes and recognizes how and where to effect change
- Develops, produces and modifies process plans and assembly sheets including tolerance stack ups as required.
- Production troubleshooting (cause & effect) is a highly developed strength
- The ability to make cutting tool selections with feeds, speeds, and cost per cut analysis.
- Some ability to provide process cost analysis
- Possesses solid problem solving and data analysis tools
- Fluent in 3D modeling and drafting of manufacturing tooling and fixturing
- Knowledge of metallurgical conditions and special process interactions
- A developed skill for determining part holding, fixturing and inspection methods
- Implements inspection methods and techniques including interpreting CMM results
- Quality and Quality management is a well-developed concept and is well integrated into process plans
- Skilled at project / process management
- Readily recognizes and makes recommendations for productivity improvements to reduce cycle time and improve production performance.
- Creates presentations based on process data and results to show opportunities for production improvements and cost savings
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering / Mechanical Engineering discipline with 5-10 years or relevant experience plus demonstrated hands on manufacturing / shop floor experience.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage and multi-task a highly skilled manufacturing team.
- Must have the ability the mentor, teach manufacturing technology and process techniques and interface with all manufacturing support disciplines (Quality, Planning, Scheduling, Purchasing, Facilities, Safety, and Accounting)
- Proven ability to initiate and execute change into mature processes.
- Mechanically inclined and understands production fabrication and assembly
- Solid knowledge of machining principles and methods including conventional, non-conventional and CNC applications
- Has a deep understanding of the principals of metal working (Al, SS, exotic materials, and composites)
- Deep firsthand knowledge of manufacturing operations, the ability to provide real time shop support with solid troubleshooting skills leading to consistent production and quality.
- Developed understanding of CNC machining, tooling, and fixturing.
- Experience with MS Office Suite,
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST's culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, ad Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST is a global company and employs the best of talent across geographies India, North America, UK, Spain, Italy and Australia.
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AAE
QuEST Global Engineering
ManufacturingView all jobs at QuEST Global Engineering