Lead Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
QuEST Global Engineering York, NE
- Posted: March 31, 2021
Title: Lead Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
Essential Job Functions:
- As a Senior Level Manufacturing Engineer, you will be required to lead, mentor, support and assist the manufacturing team and production floor. Providing consistent and visionary direction leading to state of the art productivity improvements and opportunities in machining, fabrication, assembly and automation.
- Demonstrated skills may include:
- Interfaces with internal and external customers and / or suppliers with the ability to discuss technical issues present visionary manufacturing opportunities.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing process methods & techniques including machining
- Knowledge of GD&T and can integrate into a process and quality plan
- Intimate knowledge of B/P reading and interpretation.
- Works with design engineering to develop new product and insure manufacturability
- Must have intimate Lean Manufacturing knowledge: Including Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Six-sigma tools, Cell Theory, Supply Chain, Kanban, FMEA & RCA
- Understands the importance of safety and ergonomics when implementing manufacturing processes and recognizes how and where to effect change
- Develops, produces and modifies process plans and assembly sheets including tolerance stack ups as required.
- Production troubleshooting (cause & effect) is a highly developed strength
- The ability to make cutting tool selections with feeds, speeds, and cost per cut analysis.
- Some ability to provide process cost analysis
- Possesses solid problem solving and data analysis tools
- Fluent in 3D modeling and drafting of manufacturing tooling and fixturing
- Knowledge of metallurgical conditions and special process interactions
- A developed skill for determining part holding, fixturing and inspection methods
- Implements inspection methods and techniques including interpreting CMM results
- Quality and Quality management is a well-developed concept and is well integrated into process plans
- Skilled at project / process management
- Readily recognizes and makes recommendations for productivity improvements to reduce cycle time and improve production performance.
- Creates presentations based on process data and results to show opportunities for production improvements and cost savings
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering / Mechanical Engineering discipline with 5-10 years or relevant experience plus demonstrated hands on manufacturing / shop floor experience.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage and multi-task a highly skilled manufacturing team.
- Must have the ability the mentor, teach manufacturing technology and process techniques and interface with all manufacturing support disciplines (Quality, Planning, Scheduling, Purchasing, Facilities, Safety, and Accounting)
- Proven ability to initiate and execute change into mature processes.
- Mechanically inclined and understands production fabrication and assembly
- Solid knowledge of machining principles and methods including conventional, non-conventional and CNC applications
- Has a deep understanding of the principals of metal working (Al, SS, exotic materials, and composites)
- Deep firsthand knowledge of manufacturing operations, the ability to provide real time shop support with solid troubleshooting skills leading to consistent production and quality.
- Developed understanding of CNC machining, tooling, and fixturing.
- Experience with MS Office Suite,
- Personal Work Attributes
- Highly organized with high attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined, passionate, problem-solver
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Ability to provide work instruction and direction to a team of manufacturing engineers and monitor delivery expectations
QuEST Global Engineering
ManufacturingView all jobs at QuEST Global Engineering