Network System Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Network System Administrator
Qrypt builds quantum-secure encryption software and hardware in partnership with world-class national laboratories and academic institutions. We value protecting individual privacy and being transparent about the technology we use to enable it. The foundation of Qrypt technology is published by our experts in peer-reviewed scientific journals and supported by a growing portfolio of international patents. Qrypt’s product portfolio builds on these technologies to ensure enduring data security in the quantum age.
Qrypt is seeking a Network System Administrator to optimize the existing Development Network and lay the foundation for our Production Network. Our Production Network will enable us to deliver advanced cryptographic solutions based on distributed entropy, impervious to even quantum-based attacks. S/he will be part of a growing engineering team which will build, deploy, and operate these services on behalf of our customers.
Preferred location is New York City, but will consider alternate remote locations: Bay Area-CA, Seattle-WA, Austin–TX, RTP-NC, Boston-MA or other remote.
- Grow the existing developer network to ensure it scales with the availability and flexibility we need to meet the evolving needs of our growing software, embedded, and hardware teams
- Proficiency in the entire build-out of our development system from network architecture, component selection, installation, monitoring, and maintenance
- Develop and execute our production Hybrid-Azure cloud solution to ensure we have the scalability, availability, reliability, usability, and security required
- Act as the technical enabler of our fellow hardware/software engineers, mathematicians, physicists, and cryptographers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or a related field
- 5+ Years of Azure systems admin experience: designing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining geographically distributed networks
- Demonstrated proficiency of API gateway management including configuration and API/Services monitoring and reporting
- Experience designing developer and production networks for scalability, availability, security, and usability
- Lead in designing our internal and production networks, not just administering existing networks
- Demonstrated proficiency with Meraki-cloud and Cisco on-prem network gear (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux-based servers
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and BASH
- Demonstrated proficiency with configuration management using declarative tools
- Preferred Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
- CompTIA Server+, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent
- You are passionate working in an environment designed to deliver post-quantum security and privacy
- You want to be part of a team creating products that impact the world for the better
- You understand the essential role quality plays in everything you do
- You value effective communication and collaboration as the way to make better products
- Continuous learning is one of your innate traits
- You like being responsible for delivering smart, reliable, maintainable systems that secure our customers’ data and privacy
- You are interested in working with leading technologies in the quantum information sciences: quantum random number generation, post-quantum cryptography, secure messaging, and privacy preservation techniques
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay & Equity
- Medical, dental, & vision plan participation
- Strong 401k matching program
- In-office free lunch & snacks
- Gym Reimbursement
- But above all, be part of an amazing team! Together, we’ll make this world a safer place!
Qrypt is an early-stage technology startup building the next generation of cryptography to protect from the threat of quantum computers and those machines and mathematics yet to be invented. Our passion is to help organizations and people keep their data private – forever. We securely build, design, and deploy safe systems that ensure people’s privacy. Together, we will transform the way the world safeguards data and communications!
The worldwide cyber community is undergoing a once-in-a-generation transition to quantum-safe technologies, with Qrypt leading the way. Qrypt participates in global standards bodies for communications security, financial transactions, and critical infrastructure. We are founding members of the national Quantum Economic Development Consortium and the Mid-Atlantic Quantum Alliance.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Qrypt