QA Test Engineer
Qomplx Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Developer of enterprise operating system designed to support the development and management of decision platforms in virtually any business domain. The company's system delivers customers advanced detection and monitoring, adaptive response, and risk optimization capabilities against advanced attackers, enabling clients to quickly and easily integrate all of the disparate data sources across the enterprise into a unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions.
Th. QA/Test Engineer will support the agile software development of QOMPLX:OS. This role is critical for successful deployment of our product to our customers. In this role, the test engineer will ensure that the software systems and components are successfully integrated and deployed; support the integration of software components in a collaborative environment with customer and team members; define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret system component tests and test plans. Specifically, the test engineer will use automated testing tools and scripting languages to design and develop test suites, with a heavy focus on core system components. He/she will also participate in the software development life cycle, which includes defining requirements, designing test cases, testing, and preparing for delivery. The test engineer will collaborate with SMEs and other engineers to interpret system requirements and designs, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes. Types of testing may include system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, technical architecture testing, and security testing.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be comfortable tackling any challenge set before him or her. We provide significant flexibility and autonomy to team members, have high expectations and expect everyone to contribute meaningfully to our broader collective goals.
- Write test plans based upon requirements, develop functional automated test scripts, perform testing, will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle.
- Develop and maintain any functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed. Apply test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies.
- Support testing of multiple major releases in coordination with development team while monitoring testing activities and key internal deliverable.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria. Develop and maintain repeatable and scalable automation test suites; generate manual test scenarios and test cases in a format that can be automated.
- Work closely with development team to understand how product changes affect maintenance of test cases and the QA testing environments.
- Create testing summary reports, clearly communicating to management all testing results.
- Provide production support of software products by investigating and reproducing reported defects.
- 3+ years’ experience working with full Software Development Life Cycle and 2+ in QA role
- 3+ years’ experience with testing in various environments including cloud, Big data, RDBMS, NoSQL and advanced analytics environments
- 3+ years’ experience with manual and automated functional testing
- 3+ years’ experience with system integration testing, performance/stress testing and UI interfaces
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile software development processes
- Reside in the greater Washington D.C. area or be able to relocate
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters a plus) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience testing hardware and software components in a cloud computing or bare metal (on premise) environment
- Knowledge of Cloud Container technology (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos)
- Cross-platform experience and the expertise to identify and resolve integration issues
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal - to ensure a productive work environment with both local and remote teams.
- Strong background in software development best practices including code and design reviews
- Proficiency in specifying and implementing separate environments for testing (g., Development, QA, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production, Production Parallel)
- Enterprise Systems Administration experience supporting scalable, secure Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix servers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and performing automated testing in an AWS environment
- 2+ years’ experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, Cypress, HP ALM, QTP, Test Director)
- Experience and interest in security considerations for large-scale distributed systems, API-driven services, and API vulnerability assessment
- Consulting experience
- Interest/experience in DevOps and deployment challenges associated with containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Mesosphere.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting security policies and procedures for operational feasibility and technical sensibility
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year
QomplxWhy Work Here?
A rapidly growing global AI company with top tier benefits is seeking the best talent, hungry for career growth
QOMPLX started in 2015 with the vision to harness complexity for everyone. After over 750K hours of engineering, we launched foundational capabilities ranging from data handling, analytics, and reporting to advanced algorithms, simulations, and machine learning to help companies see their world differently and in greater detail to solve their toughest challenges. Today, QOMPLX makes it faster and easier for organizations to integrate all of the disparate data sources across the enterprise into a unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions. This broader analytics infrastructure is provided through QOMPLX:OS, an enterprise operating system that also powers QOMPLX’s decision platforms for cybersecurity, insurance underwriting, and quantitative finance.
1775 Tysons Blvd.Washington, DC