Location: Indianapolis, IN
Reports to: Program Manager
- This is a subject matter expert (SME) technical role. The role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical operations areas and business segments
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of the client network
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of the network. Attend meetings, provide forecasts, gather trend analysis data on systems, and provide input for resource planning.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program responsibilities for the client.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating instructions, procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades. Support hardware configuration and installation requirements once approved for site installation. Review work/installation progress for accuracy, adherence to network design, and conformance to telecommunications standards.
- Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Supports development and implementation of testing strategies and documents test results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users. Coordinate network requirements with users and sites.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems related to network devices, communication paths, cryptographic devices, servers and operating systems on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications and development and maintenance of technical data library as part of the network security baseline.
· 7-10 Years- Experience
· A.S./A.A. Degree in IT or related field or
· Security + & Network +
· Experience in a 24x7x365 customer support environment
· Cisco routers
· Cisco switches
· Cisco Unified Call Manager (UCM)
· Sonus VX appliances
· High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryption (HAIPE) Inline Network Encryptor (INE)
· Cisco WAAS data accelerators
· McAfee firewalls
· Juniper VPN appliance
· Sourcefire network defense sensors
· VMWare servers,
· Storage Area Network (SAN)
· Software and Applications
· Windows 2003 and above, MS Office 2010, SharePoint
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux
· Solarwinds Orion
· Remedy Action Request System (ARS) service management
· Sonus VX Watch, Sonus VX Builder, Sonus VX Gate
· Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
· Cisco Access Control Server (ACS), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco VPN software and configuration, Cisco Unified Communications Services (UCS)
· KLAS Voyager Executive Communications Kit (ECK)
· Symantec/McAfee Antivirus
· Host Based Security System (HBSS),
· Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
Why Work Here?QOMPLX started in 2015 with the vision to harness complexity for everyone. After over 750K hours of engineering, we launched foundational capabilities ranging from data handling, analytics, and reporting to advanced algorithms, simulations, and machine learning to help companies see their world differently and in greater detail to solve their toughest challenges. Today, QOMPLX makes it faster and easier for organizations to integrate all of the disparate data sources across the enterprise into a unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions. This broader analytics infrastructure is provided through QOMPLX:OS, an enterprise operating system that also powers QOMPLX’s decision platforms for cybersecurity, insurance underwriting, and quantitative finance.
A rapidly growing global AI company with top tier benefits is seeking the best talent, hungry for career growth