We are seeking a Junior Network Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for deploy manage and implementing computer and information networks.
QnA Tech is a rapidly growing system integrator that works closely with its partners like Palo Alto Networks ,Arista ,VMware, HP, Dell, and EMC to help customers architect, design and maintain their IT infrastructure. Our customer service, field personnel and executives pledge to work diligently to investigate, provide and maintain cutting edge solutions for our customers. We are one stop from Manhattan in Long Island City near the 7, N, Q, R, G, E, M subway and LIRR. We offer paid vacation, paid holidays, insurance and soon to have profit sharing.
The Junior Network Engineer will be joining a Managed Services team and Data Center company that services small to mid-size companies NYC metro area.
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, firewall, and other data networks
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems
- 2+ years of hands on networking experience (routing and switching) is required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Team player:
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Recommend and perform upgrades on systems to ensure sustainability
- Setup and stage new equipment Firewall managed switches L2/L3
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- stage and implement VPNs, Wireless, and LAN/WAN scenarios
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance issues
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported
- 2+ years of experience setting up and the configuration Cisco equipment. Data Center experience is a plus. Possessing a CCNA is a plus.
- New cabling deployment with Cat5/Cat6 punch patch and certify
- using CLI to configure new device setup FW and licensing
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
Please No consultants this is a full time employment position.
Please only apply if you meet salary range 35k-62k