Supplier Quality Engineer 3
- Posted: over a month ago
Qarbon Aerospace is a premier manufacturer of cutting-edge composite components and assemblies at all levels of complexity, with products installed on the industry’s most advanced commercial and military aircraft. As a US-based company with a global footprint of more than 1,650,000 ft² of state-of-the-art facilities, Qarbon Aerospace has the capabilities and resources to solve the market’s toughest challenges with Quality Assured. With more than 100 years of experience, we build quality into every fiber, letting your ideas take flight.Position Overview
The position will require working flexible hours. Travel is required in support of supplier onboarding, oversight, issue investigation/resolution, audits, etc. across the United States. The position is also responsible for managing/coordinating/resolving all items related to Supplier Quality. Candidate must be instrumental in implementing and executing the Quality Assurance strategy of the company. Role will be a key factor to ensure suppliers are meeting customer requirements at the highest level of excellence and product conformity.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industry standards of excellence.
- Provide Supplier Quality support with the objective of improving process performance and process stability.
- Perform on-going surveillance of supplier's conformance to all applicable requirements.
- Responsible for quality problem resolution, initiation, and closure of supplier quality notifications (escapes, disclosures), on-time responses of any/all associated corrective actions with adequate follow up verifications.
- Provide expertise in Supplier Quality improvement methods/tools that support continuous improvement activities.
- Drive suppliers to ZDP (Zero Defect Plans) to ensure continuous defect reduction.
- Develop, implement, and audit supplier inspection plans, inspection methods, acceptance criteria, procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Support/lead Supplier Quality meetings/reviews with Suppliers
- Support/lead Supplier Quality meetings/reviews with Qarbon Site Leadership.
- Maintain positive team relationships with internal /external customers and company co-workers.
- Any other related duties necessary to accommodate changes in business, processes or customer requirements.
Required Experience and Education
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree (STEM preferred) with at least 5 years of experience in Supplier Quality in an aerospace fabrication or assembly field or will have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel to domestic suppliers with limited notification. (Note: International travel may be required with adequate notification)
- Experience with detail part manufacturing and chemical processing is preferred.
- Understanding of Aerospace standards and certification process of Quality Management Systems such as AS9100, ISO-9001 and other industry-specific standard or regulation.
- Knowledge of First Article Inspection Reports, in addition to validating supplier submitted FAI’s meet AS9102, and customer flowed requirements.
- Ability to interface effectively with all departments and levels of the organization as well as with customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be dedicated, motivated and a self-starter
- Must possess good communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong process management capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Company Paid Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance 1 time salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) & Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 12 Holidays
- Flex Time Off
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance / Hospital Indemnity Insurance / Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Savings and Spending Accounts
- Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan- Option to elect Traditional 401(k), Roth 401(k), or After-Tax Savings plan
- Immediate vesting
- 100% company match on the first 3% of your salary; 50% company match on the next 3%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness equipment for employees’ use
Qarbon Aerospace Inc
AddressRed Oak, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Qarbon Aerospace Inc