- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Potential Candidates must have the following
Minimum grade 12 high school diploma
Prior experience as a residential maintenance technician, understanding of Building Automation Systems (BAS) HVAC Systems, Fire Control Systems, and Plumbing Systems.
Must be able to carry out small repairs, painting, drywall, maintenance repairs ie. lock changes.
Must also have excellent customer service skills and ensure communications are in a positive and professional manner both to the residents of the building, the board of directors, security staff, and cleaning staff, who will work under your supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, healthy environment
- Responsible for reporting all deficiencies, and maintenance requirements, and responsible for supplying inventory to the Property Manager as required
- Respond to any emergencies, interact with contractors and building residents
- On call 24/7/365
- Perform all checks of mechanical equipment, Fire safety equipment, locks, and doors
- Garbage and Recycling handling;
- Rooftop terrace cleaning and organization;
- Grounds maintenance
- Familiarize with Building and Residents
- Ability to paint and do touch-ups
- Follow and improve procedures, follow up on requests
- Ability to perform the small repair in the common areas
- Perform ongoing prevention maintenance
- Enforce rules and regulations of the Condominium
- Give recommendations to solve and improve a situation
- Daily meeting with property manager
- maintain equipment log reports
- Other duties as assigned
Maintenance Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with condominiums preferred - The maintenance tech must have knowledge of BAS; also building machinery/equipment (boilers, cooling tower, whirlpool, heat pumps, sprinkler systems including stand-pipes, Fire control systems etc.)
- Strong customer service experience with residents is essential
- Knowledgeable of maintenance schedules - Proficient with: sprinkler room (dry and wet system), boiler room (electrical and gas), HVAC (glycol system, cooling tower system), generator room, elevator room, whirlpool mechanical, main electrical room, fire panel, makeup air units, sump pumps, booster, pumps, irrigation system, compactor room, circulation pumps
- Must be familiar with emergency procedures (fire and water leaks)
- Excellent interpersonal, phone, and customer service skills - Proficient English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- A sense of responsibility is a must
- Highly energetic and able to respond to changing priorities in a positive manner.
168 Simcoe StreetScarborough Village, ON
Get fresh Multi Craft Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.