QTEC Aerospace is seeking a CYBER ENGINEER to join our team of professionals in Colorado Springs, CO. The successful candidate will become part of a team of professionals representing both industry and government in support of a Missile Defense System (MDS) with a mission of protecting the United States and our allies. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, have a proven track record and a positive work ethic.
QTEC Aerospace is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals. The successful candidates will function as an integral member of a multi-contractor team providing program, engineering, and technical support to Missile Defense programs.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develop and test patches to fix Software, Hardware and Firmware vulnerabilities.
- Concentrate on vulnerability management including analysis and remediation of IAVMs, Cyber Tasking Orders (CTOs), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs), Vendor Patches and STIG configurations.
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows from the OS up to the application level.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps for the labs
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration and unit test.
- Work with software developers and/or vendors as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during system integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found per Agile processes and coordinate daily integration activities with other Cross Functional Product Teams (CFPTs).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Cyber TPs in the NT labs.
- Installing and unit testing Cyber Products (e.g., ESS, ACAS, BigFix, Endgame, KMS, etc.).
- Providing redlines to engineers and feedback to Cyber Leadership will be required as part of this position responsibilities.
- Documenting lessons learned, best security engineering practices, and industry standards will be required in daily tasks as well.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or at least 6 years of equivalent experience
- DoDI 8570 certification (e.g., Security+, CYSA+, SSCP)
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity technologies, NIST standards, and RMF governance
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard Cybersecurity tools such as Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), NESSUS, Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS), End-point-security (ENS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and Arcsight
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation across multiple phases of a Medium to large program
- Technical trouble shooting of software applications and integrating COTS products, data analytics of system vulnerabilities and mission impacts, and risk mitigation resulting in system accreditation
- Experience applying Cybersecurity configurations such as Firmware updates/upgrades and STIGs to a baselined system
- Hands on experience with Python and/or Powershell scripting
- Some experience with general Cybersecurity activities such as secure configuration/hardening of DoD Information Systems, system audit configuration, capture, analysis, and risk reduction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and prepare and brief presentations to the customer as needed
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
- Skills in configuring and administering Linux applications
- Familiarity with scripting Windows Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- General user experience configuring and administering Linux applications
- Experience scripting, installing, and testing patches on system hosts
- Proven experience executing Security Hardening on diverse LINUX and Windows Operating Systems based on approved DISA STIGs and SRGs
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and implementing NIST SP 800-53 Security Controls on wide range of Information Systems including Enterprise Datacenters, Mobile units and Virtualized environments
Candidates must currently have and be able to maintain a minimum DoD SECRET level security clearance.
$120,000 - $183,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
QTEC Aerospace offers a variety of benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Employees may choose among the offered benefits to design the best benefits package to suit their individual or family needs.
Colorado Springs, CO
It is the policy of QTEC, Inc. not to discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, disability, veteran status or any protected statuses and to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals within the company.
QTEC AerospaceColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView All QTEC Aerospace Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.