The Software Development Manager will lead teams of individuals to design, develop, deploy and maintain quality applications for our internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the development/unit testing of .Net and Oracle based applications. The Software Development Manager will manage members of the development, testing and delivery teams to deliver quality products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and training talented, creative and innovative development resources
- Establish and enforce the tools, techniques, principles and practices of the development department
- Fosters and maintains highly effective internal partnerships with all departments including IT Infrastructure, Product Management, Software Quality Assurance and different business units
- ·Execute action items resulting from Root Cause Analysis (RCA) sessions to avoid future production defects
- Provide business, data, application and technology consulting in pre-feasibility and feasibility discussions with IT team members and business partners
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the IT teams for project level architectures and design work
- Lead the technical review component of vendor software package evaluation projects
- Translate business requirements into functional service designs and create service models along with supporting technical documentation
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise technology services
- Perform peer reviews of designs and solution proposals to ensure conformance to current practice and quality of work being generated
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to define, structure and plan work independently
- Cross-functional relationship building skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Pro-active leadership style
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
- Knowledge of Production Application Infrastructure (IIS, Security, Server Setup, Load Balancing, Replication, Disaster Recovery, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the design and implementation of Application Architecture using SOA Principles and of .Net, ASP .Net, C#, XML, XSLT, HTML, Java Script, SQL Server Database, Oracle Database
- Strong knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Design and Development
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 9 years of supervisory experience leading development efforts in software development or related position, experience managing medium and large project/development teams
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle including but not limited to architecting solutions, designing applications, coding, unit testing and implementing utilizing a variety of tools and technologies.
- MS Certification in .Net technology preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow while being presented with rewarding challenges, QTC is the place for you. Review our current job listings and apply online. You will be on your way to enjoying a professional, friendly work environment that emphasizes teamwork, open communication, loyalty and commitment.