Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a full-time Paralegal for our Miami, FL Office.
The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys handling personal injury defense litigation cases in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including medical records, depositions, discovery, investigative reports and other documents and summaries.
· Assists attorney with preparing for trial by organizing exhibits, documents and evidence, preparing subpoenas, and serving as a liaison between clients, witnesses, experts and the trial team.
· Conducts legal research, analyzes issues and drafts legal research memos.
· Conducts research using online media for experts, background searches, case investigation.
· Under attorney direction, drafts and prepares correspondence, motions, pleadings, affidavits and any other necessary legal documents.
· Reviews, interprets and prepares medical chronologies and summaries as requested.
· Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
· Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 2+ years of prior paralegal experience in personal injury defense/insurance defense litigation.
· Knowledge of how to bill time.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
· Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.