Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., is presently looking for a Nurse Paralegal/Legal Nurse Consultant. We are open to this individual working out of our Memphis or Nashville locations.
The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys with a busy defense litigation practice with an emphasis on long term care. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review hospital, nursing home, assisted living and physician records
· Identify, organize and analyze pertinent medical records
· Identify standard of care in healthcare liability / medical malpractice cases
· Prepare a chronology, timeline or other summaries of documentation in medical records
· Conduct medical literature searches and assist in other research
· Identify, screen and facilitate review by expert witnesses
· Evaluate case strengths and weaknesses
· Draft or analyze medical portions of legal documents
· Evaluate causation and damages issues
· Educate attorneys and clients regarding relevant medical issues
· Identify plaintiff's future medical needs and associated costs
· Locate or prepare demonstrative evidence for trial
· Assist with preparation for and support during deposition, trial or mediation
· Other job duties as required.
· BSN or RN required. Current Tennessee Nursing licensure required.
· 2+ years of experience as a Legal Nurse Consultant, Nurse Paralegal or Registered Nurse.
· Must have a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, medical treatment, and disease process; experience in long term care setting is a plus.
· Has full understanding of HIPAA compliance. Understands and complies with all other related regulatory mandates.
· Must have extensive clinical experience, which includes interpretation of medical records and medical literature.
· This person must be able to work in a team environment.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with trial presentation software a bonus.
· Requires critical thinking skills, research skills, excellent communication skills (both written & verbal), analytical and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously required.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
QPWB attorneys regularly represent businesses in actions involving premises liability, products liability, liquor and food liability, automobile, trucking and commercial fleet liability, construction defect, and in the defense of all other types of negligence and tort actions such as personal injury, employment liability, and workers' compensation defense.
QPWB's clients for professional liability include nursing homes, adult living facilities, hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, home health agencies, laboratories, physicians, dentists, medical directors, administrators, nurses, medical technicians, radiologists, other healthcare providers; and professional liability insurers of accountants, attorneys, architects, engineers, brokers, and agents.
Our business law department handles corporate structure, intellectual property, immigration, international law, real estate transactions, title insurance defense, bankruptcy, asset protection, land use, probate litigation, estate planning, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and mergers and acquisitions.