Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a full time Legal Secretary for our Lexington, KY Office. The individual in this role will assist attorneys defending civil insurance defense litigation cases. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including motions, discovery, letters, and other documents as necessary.
· Communicates with opposing counsel, clients, and any other necessary parties via written and verbal correspondence regarding matters related to cases including scheduling matters. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
· Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information. Requests medical records and any other documents as necessary.
· Dictating any transcription or other items requested by attorneys
· Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
· Monitors files and timely escalates issues requiring attorney involvement.
· Maintains calendar for hearings, depositions, trial and discovery deadlines. Obtains trial settings, coordinates and assists in preparation.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 3+ years of prior legal secretary experience supporting civil defense litigators preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
· Strong working knowledge of area of specialization (medical malpractice defense, long-term care defense and/or general liability defense).
· Experience handling dictation required
· KY State E-Filing experience required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat required.
· Requires critical thinking skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent required
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.