Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm, has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant for our Orlando, FL Office. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
The individual in this role will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters in the areas of Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains calendar for trial and discovery deadlines
· Schedules depositions, hearings, legal proceedings and appointments for attorneys
· Submits invoices and assists attorney with time entry on billing software
· Ensures organization of files including opening, closing, management and maintenance of files
· Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, contracts, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary
· Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including contracts, medical records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested
· Prepares, issues and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other request for information
· Performs other duties as assigned
· 3+ years of prior legal assistant experience supporting litigators in defense litigation preferably in the PIP field and in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
· Florida State Court filing including E-Filing experience required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word Perfect, Power Point and Outlook required.
· Requires critical thinking skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.