A multi-state default legal services law firm has an immediate opening for a bankruptcy legal assistant. Candidates should have at least 3 years of direct relevant experience and be able to:
· Handle bankruptcy in a creditor’s side law practice or loan servicer with high volume;
· Review and analyze bankruptcy petition schedules;
· Prepare Proof of Claim, Motions for Relief from Stay, and other basic bankruptcy pleadings and papers;
· Work in CM/ECF and PACER and be proficient in e-filing within the bankruptcy court’s online portal;
· Be proficient in Loansphere (formerly LPS);
· Have superior organizational skills;
· Thrive in a high paced high volume practice;
· High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.