Steel Shop Associate - 1st Shift
QPS Employment Group Fond du Lac, WI
- Expired: 10 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Steel Shop Associate – 1st Shift
Wage: $16.00 + per hour
Hours: 6:00am-4:00pm (Mon-Thurs)
If you are looking to work for a company that believes in empowering and investing in their employees, you have come to the right place! QPS Employment Group is currently looking for a steel shop associate in Fond du Lac on 1st shift. You would be working with the steel shop supervisor to help deliver the highest quality products to their customers. Some duties would include operating machinery such as drill presses, chop saws and grinders, reading order blueprints, cutting, prepping and forming raw materials and some MIG Welding. If you are interested apply today to get started!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read blueprints and order materials through shop system.
- Label finished goods according to orders.
- Cutting, prepping and forming raw materials.
- Set-up and run various department machinery, including but not limited to chop saw and drill punch press.
- Visually inspect work in process throughout.
- Grinding and finishing of products.
- Route finished goods to proper locations.
- MIG Welding.
- Perform general maintenance of all equipment.
- Operate a variety of small hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use a tape measure and to apply measurements to processes.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly fill out and consistently follow proper procedures for Stock Material Usage Forms.
- Shows initiative and demonstrated ability to accurately complete assigned tasks while maintaining budgeted work hours assigned to projects, providing internal customers with high quality, well labeled / identified project component pieces.
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand tools, in a safe and effect manner, DA Sander, hand drill, utility knife etc.
- Demonstrated proper and accurate labeling of product.
- Demonstrated ability to properly clock in and out of projects ensuring accurate costing.
- At the supervisors discretion associates may be required to complete the Fork Lift Certification Program.
- Demonstrated ability to operate large equipment drill press, band saw, hand grinder, punch press, and belt sander.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Weekly pay, temp to hire, full benefits when hired, and flexible working hours.
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process
-Over 30 years of staffing experience
Best of all, our services are 100% free to job seekers!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.