We are in search of a seasoned EHS/Safety Manager for an organization in Omaha, NE. . Experience with driving safety initiatives and programs in the food industry, specifically beef, pork, etc. is highly desirable.
The EHS/Safety Manager will provide site safety leadership, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Formulates, develops, and coordinates all safety and loss control functions of the organization.
- Designs and directs programs to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training of all managers, planned inspections, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, new employee indoctrination, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job analysis/procedures, disposal procedures, and protective equipment.
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine root causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Maintains compliance with governmental regulatory agencies.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Conduct and/or coordinate worker training and certifications (where applicable) in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment i.e. forklifts, manlifts, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety, Business Management or related discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience implementing and managing Safety programs in a food manufacturing facility, specifically beef, pork, etc.
- OSHA-10/30 Certification (preferred) • First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (preferred)
- HAZWOPER Certification (preferred)
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience conducting safety training for individuals and small groups.