Our client is in search of an EHS/Safety Manager for their facility in Omaha, NE. Experience with driving safety initiatives and programs in the food industry, specifically beef, pork, etc. is highly desirable. Must be willing to relocate to Omaha. Relocation assistance provided.
The EHS/Safety Manager will provide site safety leadership, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Formulates, develops, and coordinates all safety and loss control functions of the organization.
- Designs and directs programs to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training of all managers, planned inspections, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, new employee indoctrination, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job analysis/procedures, disposal procedures, and protective equipment.
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine root causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Maintains compliance with governmental regulatory agencies.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Conduct and/or coordinate worker training and certifications (where applicable) in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment i.e. forklifts, manlifts, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety, Business Management or related discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience implementing and managing Safety programs in a food manufacturing facility, specifically beef, pork, etc.
- OSHA-10/30 Certification (preferred) • First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (preferred)
- HAZWOPER Certification (preferred)
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience conducting safety training for individuals and small groups.