At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.Position Description
This position will be responsible for maintaining growth in base accounts and establishing new business opportunities for QuantiFERON sales in the hospital market. The QuantiFERON Hospital Specialist is accountable for achieving the territory budget, new accounts and growing base business. The target account segments include: hospitals, Public Health, Government Accounts and Student Health.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Create and execute business plan to achieve or exceed territory growth. Drive new business by selling QuantiFERON products in target accounts.
• Identify High Value targets and create/execute strategies to close sales
• Maintain and grow existing base business and minimize lost business.
• Manage opportunity pipeline and accurately project 30-60-90 day forecast
• Operate within the hospital environment at a clinical, lab and administrative level across departmental silos. Focus Areas (not limited to): Executive Suites, Infectious Disease/Control, Risk Management, Administration, Hospitalist, Employee Health, Emergency Room, Pediatrics, Human Resources, Pulmonologists, Pharmacy
• Routinely interact and collaborate with QuantiFERON hospital/ lab counterparts.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to individuals and small group support key national lab partner initiatives and engage in co-marketing activities
- Four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelors of Science degree is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years diagnostic sales experience; hospital lab equipment/instrument/capital sales
- Consistent top performer; President's Club or similar
- Proven record of success.
- Selling outside the laboratory is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical institution hierarchy.
- Location: Alabama, Mississippi, Florida Panhandle; Ideal candidate will be based in Birmingham, AL or Jackson MS.Personal Requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills for all business levels.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong Territory Management Skills.
- Interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills – Excel Knowledge a must.
- Negotiation and selling skills.What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.