Territory Sales Manager - Builder Division
We are seeking an experienced outside sales person that has specific experience selling directly to the residential builder market in the Phoenix area. We are looking to develop a significant "in-house" builder program with some of the larger track home builders. Our ideal candidate will have established relationships in the residential builder industry and may be looking to make a change to a company like QDI with a substantial product offering. Our products include (but aren't limited to), natural stone, porcelain, glass, vinyl, cleaners and adhesives. We sell tiles, pavers, copings, slabs, mosaics, glass, planks and much more. This is a ground floor position and may lead to other growth and management opportunities.
- Work existing builder relationships to establish interest in the QDI product set and builder programs
- Continually work territory to seek out new business opportunities by face-to-face prospecting
- Secure orders from existing and potential customers.
- Seek out opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
- Follows up on quotations submitted to customers.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
- Plan daily schedule and effectively work territory
- Prepare and deliver samples to customers
- Set up samples in customer showrooms
- Submit daily activity/call reports concerning customer-related activities.
- Perform all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Provide a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis.
- Perform assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from the sales manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE DIRECT BUILDER AND FLOORING SALES EXPERIENCE.
Successful candidates will have the following:
· Minimum 5 years outside sales experience.
· Minimum 3 years in the builder market and flooring industry preferred.
· Currently in the flooring industry or recent flooring industry experience preferred.
· Well organized and self-disciplined - Attention to detail a must.
· Relationship builder with a strong work ethic
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Problem-solving skills with the habit of being proactive.
· Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, and personable.
· Ability to successfully build and manage a territory
· Strong prospector and closer
· Intermediate computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Willingness to travel within the state.
· Salary plus commission
· Guarantee commission on months 2-5
· Full health insurance benefits after 90 days
. Eye and dental insurance
. Matching 401K
. Employee discounts on material
· Company cell phone
· Car allowance
· Monthly gas allowance
· Travel expenses paid
QDI Surfaces is a professional family owned business which started in 2005 and is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. QDI also maintains branches in Houston, The Woodlands, Dallas, Ft. Smith and Fayetteville, AR and Anaheim, as well as satellite offices in Austin, San Antonio, and SW Louisiana. The company services a nationwide customer base, which includes leading retailers, contractors, builders, architects, designers and wholesalers. We are a rapidly growing company and have made the Inc.5000 list for the last 5 years in a row.
QDI SURFACES is one of the largest natural stone importers and distributors in the United States. Our product lines include limestone, travertine, marble, glass and other natural stone products maintaining some of the largest inventories in the industry. Our materials are used for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications, both commercial and residential.
QDI SURFACES is one of the most reputable and innovative importers of ceramic / porcelain tile, LVT, Natural Stone, Glass, Decorative Products,Porcelain Slabs, Porcelain Pavers, Natural Stone Pavers, Pool Coping, and Pool Tile in North America. We only offer the very latest in fashion, design and technology at extremely competitive pricing..