We are currently seeking a talented Customer Service Rep to work in our new Dallas showroom. The Customer Service Rep will be a very diverse role and be handling everything from answering phones, greeting customers, walk-in sales, order processing, sampling, marketing and sales support. The job functions would include but not limited to:
· Be familiar with QDI’s product set and be able to describe colors, styles, and highlight its features and benefits to customers.
· Have a basic understanding of travertine, limestone, and marble and their differences.
· Understand the sales process from start to finish and be able to close sales both face to face and over the phone.
· Responsible for greeting and assisting customers that come into the office or contact the Company via phone.
· Write up customer orders using the Quickbooks system.
· Refer customers to a Sales Representative when they are onsite and available.
· Answer all customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and available options.
· Service Company’s existing accounts and obtain new accounts whenever possible through direct referrals, and out-bound or in-bound sales calls.
· Be knowledgeable of Company’s payment procedures.
· Understand QDI’s inventory. Check stock levels and request reorder of materials as necessary.
· Assist in completion of customer files, which includes: Client Information Sheet, Tax Exemption Certificate (Form 5000), Credit Card Authorization, and Credit application if required.
· Arrange pick-up schedules with operations and outside freight companies.
· Coordinate customer material pick-ups with warehouse personnel.
· Verify outgoing product counts prepared by the warehouse personnel utilizing the invoice to ensure accuracy.
· Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices.
· Keep record of customer interactions and transactions by recording the details in Smartsheet (the Company’s CRM system).
· Make recommendations for improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
· Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
· Resolve customer’s service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money and/or adjusting bills after review with management.
· Contact customers about billing issues if requested.
· Detect discrepancies on records or reports.
· Use computers and computer systems (hardware and software) to set-up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources in an effort to provide excellent customer service.
· Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, and verify information or data.
· Develop a constructive and cooperative working relationship with other QDI employees and maintain them on an on-going basis.
· Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work. Once the goals and plans are developed review with your supervisor.
· Attend regular CRS training meetings and dedicate yourself to continuous improvement.
· Attend industry functions (EX: ASID, NARI) representing QDI while you network with professionals.
· On occasion visit accounts not being serviced by Territory Managers to assist with sampling and general customer service.
· Be a team player.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- 3-5 years in a customer service or office manager roles preferably in the flooring industry
- Well organized and self-disciplined - Attention to detail a must.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Good presentation skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the habit of being proactive.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Team player
- Good computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Recent college grads encouraged to apply
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Full health insurance benefits after 90 days
- Dental and Vision coverage
- 401 K
- Employee discounts on all QDI materials
This is a great opportunity with a rapidly growing, Inc. 5000 company. We are consistently expanding and like to promote from within. If qualified, please respond to this add and submit your resume for consideration.