SUMMARY: The Shipping/Receiving Supervisor shall oversee the process of preparing customers orders for shipment. This includes insuring all documentation, labels and packaging are done in accordance with QA standards and customer requirements. This individual is also responsible for overseeing the receipt of incoming packages using appropriate receiving methods established and all other activities in the shipping/receiving department. When workload dictates this individual would help in any capacity necessary to insure a good workflow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports
- Conduct annual performance reviews Delegate tasks
- Monitor employee productivity Provide constructive feedback when required
- Monitor and report on time delivery data
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory to insure prompt delivery
- Act as liaison between shipping, sales and production
- Pick customer orders from finished goods inventory and package in accordance with documented procedures.
- Review all customer orders to insure all requirements are met. Prepare shipping labels using bartender software.
- Physically count or weight count parts to insure proper quantity.
- Complete all applicable shipping documentation within Starship manifest system and ACE.
- Receive incoming shipments and verify against purchase order, via hard copy or within the eRequester system.
- Restock finished goods inventory with product received from production.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Provide input to Manager on any process improvements.
- Process all non-conforming product per documented procedures.
- Participate in all semi-annual and cycle count inventories.
- Procure and keep adequate levels of shipping supplies.
- Verify that all product and its status is known by attaching proper identification.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. Additional requirements listed below are “very desirable”. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with small parts.
- Able to use counting scales.
- Familiarization with Starship manifest system, Epicor (ERP system).
- Solid understanding of all export regulations (ITAR, ACE, ITN, EAR99, electronic filling, denied parties list, etc).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent. 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a shipping receiving department as a Supervisor or lead position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all direct reports and other departments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of an individual working within a shipping receiving department. Being able to lift up to 50lbs, stand for long periods of time and operate pallet jacks and other material handling devices. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QA Technology Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
QA Technology was born out of such challenges. For more than 35 years, we’ve been committed to manufacturing superior products, delivering them in a timely manner, and supporting them with some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry.
Since receiving our first U.S. patent in 1986, we’ve continued to challenge ourselves and enhance our state-of-the art capabilities for high-speed manufacturing automation; with the relentless goal of continually improving the quality, performance, cost and speed of delivery that our customers need.