Senior Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our team needs a Senior Project Manager with strong client relationship building and project management skills. This individual must have experience with traffic engineering processes and the software development life cycle. They understand and perform document control functions for all project files that comply with the company’s PMO standards. They have the authority to make decisions to resolve customer issues.
What Are the Job Tasks?
- Complete Scheduling and coordinating activities associated with assigned projects to produce an integrated critical path schedule, Project Management Plans as necessary, update as required, and identify and report potential problems/problem areas before they become an escalated customer issue.
- Complete monthly resource forecasts, allocations and working with Engineering to resolve resource and delivery issues/conflicts.
- Work closely with development, testing, and accounting to ensure that all divisions/groups have full project awareness for the appropriate Q-Free protocols to be supported.
- Create and maintain project budgets/estimates.
- Maintain/communicate overall and individual project status forms to communicate to the other groups, customer, and third-party consultants; responsible for all stakeholder communications.
- Manage individual task orders under a contract.
- Review project contingencies and maintain change order management.
- Develop task orders, statement of work and work breakdown structure.
- Develop project budgets and project plans with input from Engineering.
- Recognize and follow up on opportunities for potential new tasks/functionality that the customer could benefit from.
- Perform requirements gathering, documenting, and tracking.
- Produce project schedules, traceability matrix, project documentation, resource allocation and delivery deadlines.
- Coordinate customer meetings by providing times, locations, agendas, and minutes for all project meetings.
- Manage requirements traceability matrix for ongoing projects to ensure testing has and development are properly linked.
- Ensure Requirements documents, Design documents, and training documents are all up to date, in sync, and accurate before customer delivery.
- Maintain high level project status form for management reporting.
- Complete, review and approve monthly waterfall projections, customer status reports, and customer invoicing.
- Review monthly account budgets to ensure maintenance of profitability; recognize over budget potential before it occurs.
- Determine and implement solutions to deal with projects that run over budget.
- Create and maintain regular project status updates cycle. Key to this position is being an effective communicator and creative problem-solver.
- Customer support by:
- Help assign, process, and manage tickets and support calls
- Help respond to customer ticketing / helpline
- Database conversions
- Installations / Integration (adaptive, ramp meter, its, and cv)
- Conduct customer trainings
- Conduct services work (signal timings, operations support, etc.) as directed by manager
- Product Support
- Technical review on product content
- Support software release testing
- Support sales on a technical level
- Provide technical demos / short-list demos as requested by sales staff
- Provide technical input on requirements matrices for proposals as requested by sales staff
What Are We Looking for You to Bring To The Job?
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil, Transportation, or Electrical) or Computer Science
- Preferred 2 to 5 years of Transportation Systems experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical project management
- Traffic signal timing and operations
- PMP Certification
- Master’s degree or professional registration.
- Business development/marketing experience
- Analytical skills for problem solving issues
- Strong organization skills
Q-Free America ensures our employees are happy and healthy. Our dynamic and comprehensive benefits package allows our employees to take care of themselves and their families. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to – health, vision, dental, 401 (k) plan, EAP, flexible benefits; also, company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability!
Q-Free AmericaWhy Work Here?
Q-Free offers opportunities to work on cutting edge software projects and great benefits.
TechnologyView all jobs at Q-Free America