Knowledge Base Content Manager
Our client a leader in open source and commercial software tools, with an amazing Fortune 500 customer portfolio, is now seeking a qualified Knowledge Base Content Manager to join its Support team.
The Content Manager will be responsible for leading content and knowledge base strategy across the Support Department by directing the team on the subjects they should be writing about.
Although you don’t need the technical knowledge depth of a Developer Support Engineer, you need to be tech-savvy and interested in the DevOps world and jargon.
Excited about the purpose of content serving knowledge, you are creative and proactive and should have a bunch of ideas about how to improve the company’s Knowledge Base infrastructure and architecture.
Location: Bay Area Office commutable from San Jose / Cupertino / Palo Alto /Santa Clara/Mountain View, etc.
- Manage the company’s Knowledge Base content end to end:
- Analyze missing content using tools such as Google Analytics
- Proactively leverage internal knowledge material needs, thanks to your interaction with Product and R&D teams
- Collect missing content from teams conveying our customers’ voice: Solution Engineering, Sales, Support etc.
- Create content and guide identified resources within the team on what to create about
- Review and publish solutions produced by others, maintaining a unified format and language
- Maintain the KB content - cleaning up deprecated content, revising outdated one
- Suggest and direct the creation of other knowledge transfer material such as videocast, blogpost, etc.
Desired skills and Experience
- 2 years of experience in a similar position, Content Management or Social Media Manager, preferably in a software company
- Be creative: bring ideas on how to optimize our knowledge base content (adding videocasts etc.)
- Native technical written English level
- Be data driven
- Use of analytics and Salesforce CRM
- Experience designing video tutorials – strongly preferred
Experience in a Software Development or DevOps company a plus!