If you want to make a difference in the lives of others, have a positive attitude and like to work in the community, this is the perfect fit for you!
October Road, Inc. is a mental health and substance abuse agency located in the beautiful mountains of Western NC. We are currently looking to fill the role of Substance Abuse Specialist for our Assertive Community Treatment Team!
The Substance Abuse Therapist will be responsible for:
- Writing and updating treatment plans which reflect the person centered goals of the individuals being served.
- Supporting individuals who have been successful in treatment by helping them connect to other services to continue care.
- Provide a safe and supportive group to openly discuss substance use, harm reduction, and coping skills.
- Participate in and provide feedback in treatment team meetings to ensure individuals being served have their needs met.
- Maintain relationships with families, friends and community stakeholders who are also working with these individuals to reach recovery.
- Ensure our individuals have access community resources by providing transportation.
- Effectively managing crisis situations after hours with team support.
- Prefer 1-3 years of experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- CSAC, LCAS/LCAS-A, or ability to achieve this certification or licensure within 90 days of employment.
- CSAC must have a Bachelors degree in a Human Services field with 2 years experience working with adults who have severe persistent mental illness.
- Must possess valid driver license and reliable transportation
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance offered as well as supplemental benefits.
Paid Days Off, Holidays
FREE supervision for your CSAC or LCAS-A
Tuition Reimbursement and much more!