Training Specialist - Microbiology
Pyramid Consulting Summit, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical,
Title: Microbiology Training Specialist
Location: Devens MA
Duration:6 Months (Possibility of extension)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION: This position will work both independently and with the team to perform QC microbiological testing training and microbiology laboratory maintenance functions, where necessary.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Responds to challenges and additional projects in an understanding, positive, and objective manner.
• Adaptable to dynamic conditions, work practices, and project timelines.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and interpret data accurately.
• Able to communicate effectively with GDPO functional areas and external agencies.
• Fosters teamwork and promotes an environment that motivates others to achieve our goals.
Education and Experience:
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline and minimum 3 years of experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment. Microbiology lab training experience & Master’s Degree strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of experience/education is acceptable.
• Have a good understanding of USP, EP, JP, and FDA microbiology testing requirements.
• Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP), USP, EU and other global regulatory requirements at all times.
• Follow directions properly, work cooperatively as an individual contributor and as a team member.
• Communicate effectively with QC peers, cross-functional peers and management.
• Participate in aseptic process qualifications, such as aseptic gowning and media fill reads.
• Train Bacterial Endotoxin and Sterility Testing.
• Train growth promotion testing of microbiological media.
• Train mycoplasma testing and PCR.
• Train Environmental Monitoring on routine basis.
• Train microbial isolation techniques and perform Gram stain identifications.
• Train “Send out samples” to contract labs and track results/reports.
• Experiences on HPLC, UPLC, or GC is plus.
• Performs general laboratory cleaning/wipe-down.
• Perform routine maintenance of lab equipment’s.
• Under the guidance of management, support special project work.
• Maintain lab inventory and order lab supplies and materials.
• Support continuous improvement projects related to QC
• Assist with investigations &CAPAs associated with Microbiological testing.
• Support data trending and tracking of results.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Using MET ONE and MAS 100/ SAS instruments
- Perform surface viable sampling
- Use of Pipettes
- Gram Staining
-corrected eyesight 20/20
-working in clean environment with qualified proper gowning
- Endotoxin testing
- Experience with BAC T or preferred
Pyramid ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Pyramid Consulting, Inc. provides Staffing and Technology Solution services to Fortune 500 and 1000 companies across the USA and Canada.
We place top talent through our divisions: Technology, Staffing, Professionals, Talent Digitalization, and Pyramid Academy. Our flexible staffing options include contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and SOW/Statement of Work. We deliver top talent to our clients by combining the use of the latest technology with the subject-matter expertise that our seasoned team of recruiters brings to the process. With the integration of smart sourcing tools, machine learning, and AI/Artificial Intelligence into our screening process across the organization; we evaluate a large volume of candidates to find the most suitable talent.
ScienceView all jobs at Pyramid Consulting