Job Title: Registered Nurse / Occupational Health Care & Case Manager
Location: Chicago, IL 60618
Duration: 12 months W-2 contract
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant (Licensed in State where service provided)
- 2 years, depending on experience and work history, of occupational health nursing or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of the provision of case management for workers compensation, disability, limited duty, safety, Industrial Hygiene, healthcare plans, regulatory medical requirements and external healthcare resources.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- BSN, CCM, COHN, MSN, MPH or masters in related field
- 3-4 years, depending on experience and work history, of occupational health nursing or related field
- Evaluation, assessment, solving, and negotiating skills.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Directs and coordinates appropriate, timely and cost effective delivery of health care through the case management process.
- This includes disability, urgent and emergency care, FFD issues, immunizations, work limitations, transitional return to work plans, accommodations and part time work for worker's compensation and non-worker's compensation illness and injury.
- Responsible for after hour coordination of emergency and urgent care services delivery. Reports to OHS Lead Clinician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identifies cases involving high frequency and high-risk injuries/illnesses, and performs ongoing evaluation and treatment plans for all identified cases.
- Determines essential job functions and identifies and implements necessary limitations, accommodations and part-time work for high frequency/high risk cases in which such an intervention could reduce the length of disability.
- Identifies cases requiring Physician level review for case management, coordinates the review process and implements recommendations.
- Performs urgent care and provides intervention for injuries and/or illnesses which impact the employee's or contractor’s ability to perform in the work place.
- Establishes and maintains a confidential record keeping system for all cases involved in the case management process to support the process and all decisions made as part of the process.
- Coordinates with benefits, legal, employee relations, safety and industrial hygiene supervisors and other company areas for case management factors, concepts and concerns.
This position is responsible to be on call 24/7
Why Work Here?
Growing, dynamic company that can provide you with unparalleled career growth potential!