The Manager of Financial Operations is responsible for financial leadership, support and direction for the Provider Compensation finance team. Collaborates and works closely with many levels of management including CFO, Departmental Chairs and Administrative Directors. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure proper internal control and compliance. Continually assesses processes and implements efficiencies, improvements and best practices throughout organization. Ensures physician compensation is calculated correctly and paid in accordance to contractual terms in a timely manner. Supervises work of Financial Business Analysts. Assists Director in project work as needed. All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with the company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA, MHA or other related Master's degree preferred
- Experience: 5-7 years experience in various accounting/finance functions including supervisory responsibilities in healthcare environment
- Number and Type of Employees Supervised: Up to 5 Financial Business Analysts
- Special Training: Advanced data management capabilities including manipulating data in PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and other spreadsheet/database tools. Proficient in the use of automated accounting software. Proven ability to set and achieve organizational goals and objectives. This position also requires a skill set which includes the ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision and to lead, motivate, organize, train and supervise staff.
- Oversees provider compensation to ensure payments are made according to contract terms and are compliant with polices and regulations.
- Prepares modeling and projections of new compensation terms or plans.
- Manages staff in monthly compensation supplemental and incentive calculations, salary resets and other salary changes as needed.
- Analyzes provider compensation for fair market value.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the operations Supports the CFO and Director in annual budgeting process.
- Assists as needed in providing analytical support, due diligence, pro forma preparation and projections for new/proposed initiatives, practice expansion, equipment, service expansion and closings and vendor negotiations.
- Provides dashboards, initiative updates/reports and other key financial information to company leaders.
- Manages department human resource needs by: determining qualifications, competence and performance expectations; planning, implementing and monitoring staffing plans; providing orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all persons in the department and applying policies/procedures pertaining to human resources management.
- Continuously assesses and improves the department's performance by designing operational processes, monitoring performance through data, analyzing the data, implementing sustainable performance improvement, and participating in multi-disciplinary inter-departmental PI activities.
- Works with Physician Recruitment team to review provider compensation offers as requested.