Eligibility Intake Coordinator
PuzzleHR El Centro, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PuzzleHR is hiring on behalf of WomenHaven
NOW HIRING: Eligibility Intake Coordinator
Location: El Centro, CA
The Eligibility Intake Worker is responsible for addressing the comprehensive housing needs of CFS families from landlord outreach and family needs assessment to relocation and housing maintenance. The Eligibility Intake Worker works collaboratively with the CFS case management team and landlords
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in human services field plus 2 years of experience in housing-related human services.
- Bilingual skills English/Spanish (required)
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated commitment to ending violence
- Have an understanding of and experience with organizing or working in communities of color in California, or another state with similar demographics
- Have an understanding of issues surrounding social justice and violence prevention work
- The candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships with the client population, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decisions and be supportive of individuals’ increasing independence. Must also be able to provide effective training, prepare written reports, and maintain client documentation.
- Strong ability to multi-task and make critical decisions without a supervisor present. ®
- A positive attitude and strong empathy skills are necessary.
- The ability to develop client relations and show excellent hospitality to them.
- Computer literate; proficient in the use and operation of computers and basic MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) ®
- Ability to operate a vehicle in a variety of weather and traffic conditions. (R)
- Knowledge, experience, and sensitivity in relating to issues affecting victims of domestic violence, their families, and the community; commitment to victims of domestic violence issues
- Effective personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and internet.
- Acts as mandated child abuse reporter.
- Per California Evidence Code 1037.2 of the Cal-OES 40 hour training, the following applies:
- 40 hours Domestic Violence Counselor training per California Evidence Code 1037.
- to be completed within 90 days (3 months) of employment.
- 8 hours (of the 40 hours) must be completed prior to direct client contact.
- 16 hours of annual continued education (CE) of which 8 hours must include Rape/Sexual Abuse/MultiCultural, Cross-Cultural and MultiEthnic Diversity topics and
- 8 hours devoted to Domestic Violence topics.
- CPR/First Aid certification required within the first year of employment and kept current thereafter.
What's in it for you
- Medical, Dental, and Vision 30 days after hire
- 403(b) Pension Plan
- Paid Time off
- Holiday Pay
Powered by JazzHR
AddressEl Centro, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at PuzzleHR