Customer Service Representative
PuzzleHR Cleveland, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 Hourly
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $22/hr, plus commission structure
PuzzleHR is recruiting on behalf of Metal Supermarkets.
Your primary responsibility will be to address the service needs of Metal Supermarkets’ customers. You’ll spend the day on your feet, moving between our customer service counter, the office, and the shop floor. Orders and inquiries are received via phone, email and walk-ins. You’ll consult with trade professionals and do-it-your-selfers, assisting in their material needs and working to find solutions.
Your people skills will make customers feel welcome, validated and well-served. When a customer leaves, they leave with their orders, confident and satisfied knowing their experience with Metal Supermarkets was a positive one. It will take strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail as you juggle several demands at once. We’ll train you in operating our machines and working with different metals. If you’re customer focused, passionate about service and customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude, solutions driven and motivated to learn, we can teach you the rest.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS – Ability to coordinate operations of the facility
- POSITIVE INTERACTIVE / CUSTOMER-ORIENTED – People friendly. Patient; empathic; providing excellent service and solutions to our customers Positive attitude and solutions driven
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Meticulous. You understand details make a difference
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – With multiple projects on the go, you are able to stay organized to serve customers quickly and efficiently
- TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Multiple customer and order timelines. You know how to keep on schedule
- PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES – Confidence with troubleshooting, investigating and providing solutions
- ADAPTABILITY – Flexibility to respond to a variety of situations and requests
- DRIVE FOR GROWTH – Drive to grow in value and responsibility as the business evolves
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide consistent, superior customer service, ensuring all customer needs and requests are identified and addressed, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Acknowledge and respond in a timely fashion to all order requests, submitted quotes and delivery follow-up
- Recognize opportunities to generate sales leads and new customer development
- Assist in employing marketing and sales resources. These include, but are not limited to prospect lists, existing customer information reports, hard copy marketing material, emails and any other approved programs or resources
- Drive the achievement of sales targets, which includes maintaining stock control and gross margins while managing costs
- Entering and updating customer information into our Point of Sale software, as needed
- Contribute to all aspects of effective store operations including customer assistance, quoting, tele-sales and material handling and cutting (if necessary)
- Accepting cash and taking credit/debit card payments
- Prepare products from the warehouse for delivery, and deliver shipments locally using the company service truck when needed
- Minimum three years of proven customer service experience
- Metal and metal related product knowledge
- Ability to write business correspondence and standard operating procedures
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities and manage conflict
- Strong math skills with an ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, area, circumference, and volume
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Computer proficiency including MS office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Ability to support handling of metals and other materials throughout the facility which could weigh up to 75 lbs
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 40% of a standard work day
- Ability to work overtime in order to meet customer delivery expectations
- Ability to deliver products using the company service truck when necessary
- Job offer is conditional upon passing a pre-employment drug test, math assessment, and background check
Metal Supermarkets provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Military and law enforcement veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at PuzzleHR