Director of Real Estate
- Expired: January 30, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Real Estate
Home Office Chicago
Puttshack is an upscale, tech-infused mini golf experience that appeals to everyone. More than just indoor mini golf, Puttshack leans on its ground-breaking technology to elevate the game while also serving world-class food and full bar in a cool environment. The Puttshack experience is really all about having fun - and doing something fun - together.
Our Purpose: To bring everyone in to play.
Our Vision: To be the universal answer to the question 'Where should we get together?'
Our Mission: To create lasting memories for people of all generations through a shared, world-class entertainment experience.
- Bring your 'A' game. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Lead the Way Our associates embrace and are inspired by change.
- Own the Fun We revel in our guests' enjoyment.
- Care Deeply - We take great care of our guests, our associates and the communities we call home.
The Director of Real Estate will provide hands on direction for Puttshack's real estate acquisition program. This position will be responsible for developing the market prioritization and site selection strategy; for coordinating the efforts of real estate brokers, developers, and landlords; for managing attorneys and lease negotiations, as well as ongoing lease administration; and for collaborating with construction project manager(s) to quickly and efficiently open store locations. This individual will be a face to the brand in the public and will be critical in crafting the national rollout strategy.
Reporting to: Vice President of Real Estate
- In collaboration with the VP of Real Estate and cross functional business partners, establish and implement market development plans and strategies considering the existing degree of market penetration, analysis of specific trade areas, and availability of quality locations that meet site selection criteria.
- Establish and communicate site selection criteria to the CREB (commercial real estate brokers) network, developers, and landlords.
- Acquire and review demographics, psychographics, and related information needed to make informed recommendations for acquiring leased properties.
- Travel to target markets to gain deep understanding of markets and visit potential sites, communicating opinions on markets and sites back to the team to inform rollout strategy.
- Analyze existing site trading data and market trading patterns to predict potential cannibalization impacts.
- Create and maintain pro formas for site prospects; periodically meet with design, construction, marketing, and operations to ensure assumptions used in pro formas are accurate.
- Liaise with Company's legal resources regarding lease negotiations and lease revisions; oversee and provide insight into the negotiations and document lease extensions and other lease amendments.
- Prepare materials to present new sites to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Work with Design and Operations to ensure space optimization for each location.
- Be current on licensing and permitting practices within the municipalities slated for current and future Puttshack growth.
- Attend local and national conferences to sell the Puttshack brand to potential landlords and developers.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in Real Estate, Finance, or Management Consulting.
- Strong analytical skills - experience with creating pro-formas and economic analysis/ evaluations.
- Knowledge of leases and contracts.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Relationship management and boardroom level communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Must like mini-golf.
What's in it for you:
- Performance Bonus Potential
- Paid PTO
- Health insurance: medical, dental, and vision
- 50% off Food & Beverage
- Free Mini Golf
- Paid Parental Leave
At the intersection of entertainment and hospitality, Puttshack is committed to equal opportunity and is firmly committed to preventing discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, based on legally protected diversity characteristics (such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, citizenship, genetic information, and veteran status) in its application and hiring processes and in its employment decisions. As an affirmative action employer, Puttshack also takes steps to prevent retaliation and create a respectful, equitable, and inclusive environment for our Associates, Guests, and Vendors.
Puttshack USA Inc
Get fresh Real Estate Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!