Nurse Practitioner, NP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*Will be employed by MedElite (physician services for Putnam Nursing & Rehab Center)
POSITION TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Physician Services/Nursing
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
POSITION STANDARDS: The Nurse Practitioner engages in primary health care decision-making and treatment. Demonstrates advanced competencies and skills for the physical and psychosocial health and illness status of individuals. Manages care of selected residents within the scope of preparation and accountability. The Nurse Practitioner and Physician(s) work together as colleagues to ensure provision of optimal health care. Will serve as a practical resource for managing those conditions commonly encountered in both the geriatric resident and sub-acute patient, including but not limited to medication management, practical health promotion and disease prevention. Will examine and treat patients independently and in an autonomous collaboration with other health care professionals in a nursing home/skilled nursing setting.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing a suitable health-care environment for the resident.
- Provides primary care for residents in the nursing facility in collaboration with the attending physicians. Sees residents upon admission, readmission and for monthly visits as allowable by NYS Health Code.
- Makes rounds and sees residents who require visits at their request, at the request of the family, nurse, physician or due to a change in clinical condition, accident, injury, etc.
- Reviews lab reports, x-ray and other diagnostic test results and initials and dates reports. When clinically warranted, sees residents as part of the evaluation and follow-up of abnormal lab or test results.
- Reviews, signs and dates consultants’ notes.
- Reviews and responds to items in any communications.
- Collaborates with physician and other health care professionals to ensure optimum delivery of resident care.
- Is available for resident/family discussions, conferences and comprehensive care plan meetings.
- Can write prescriptions as per NYS law.
- Can order consultations and make appropriate referrals to other health care professionals, including physicians, dietitians, social workers, physical, occupational and speech therapist, nurses and activities staff.
- Completes discharge summaries.
- Can perform employee health care assessments and screens.
- Provides treatment in accordance with facility policies and physician consultation.
- Complies with existing Quality Assurance protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has completed a state-approved Nurse Practitioner program as defined in the Regulations of the Commissions of Education Part 52:12.
- Has completed a pharmacy component of not less than three semester hours and has been instructed in the New York State and Federal laws relating to prescriptions and record-keeping. This is reflected as a “F” prefix to the license number.
- Carries malpractice insurance.
- Master's Degree and Certification by a recognized, national certifying body required.
- Valid and Current NYS Registered Nurse Practitioner license.
- ACLS/BLS certification necessary.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/ walking. Lifts, positions, pushes and / or transfers patients. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Working Conditions: Busy and fast paced. Frequent contact with patients, family and other employees. Good computer skills; knowledge of electronic medical record.
Putnam Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, creed, natural origin, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/familial status, civil union/domestic partnership status, veteran/military status, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, handicap, actual or perceived disability, pregnancy, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offences, or any other category protected by applicable law. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Putnam Nursing & Rehabilitation Center will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Putnam Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
404 Ludingtonville RdHolmes, NY
Get fresh Rehab Nurse Practitioner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.