Purvis Industries is made up of a number of product-focused business units. Our electrical and automation business unit, Triad Automation, is looking for a Regional Application Engineer (RAE). Our RAE is the front-line business development and technical contact for our automation and electrical business.
This Regional Application Engineer position is based in our Saint Louis branch and is responsible for locations primarily in Missouri & Arkansas with an additional 3 locations outside of that area. There are 15 branches total throughout the territory with a wide variety of industries and customers that we serve.
The RAE position is one of the most diverse and challenging opportunities within Purvis Industries! They do the following types of work each week:
- Promotion of electrical and automation product lines to internal and external sellers by means of joint calls, training classes, and application design
- First-line technical support to our customers, including warranty service as necessary
- Identify and qualify system integration opportunities, including robot cells and systems
- Train Purvis sellers on new or existing product lines
- Technical sales tasks: specification writing, quoting, and commissioning
- 50% overnight travel throughout the territory
- Become certified as an ABB Drive Expert
- Continuous training on Purvis product lines
- Regular communication and strategic planning with Purvis local and corporate management
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive salary and incentives based on experience
- Company car
- Cell phone allowance
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance with additional ancillary benefits available
The ideal candidate will have:
- Technical degree (high school diploma required)
- Hands-on experience with AC drives (VFD's) and electric motors in an industrial environment
- Strong social and team attitude - your success will be based on your ability to educate and collaborate with your fellow team members, suppliers, and customers
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
Purvis Industries offers a professional environment with competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental/vision, Life, and 401k matching, as well as an aggressive vacation schedule. Purvis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a drug free workplace.