The Inside Sales Representative will contribute to the increase of sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting telephone customers, walk-in customers, and outside sales in the selection and acquisition of needed products.
- Assist and conduct counter sales as needed and as required.
- Process all incoming internal and external customer inquiries via phone, fax, email, mail, or online, and assist outside sales in quotes and/or orders.
- Input customer orders, quotes, bid, etc. for products.
- Purchase of product to fill said orders.
- Quote and sell our supplier’s products that provide value to our customers and a fair profit to the Company.
- Identify, contact, provide quotes, and close orders on potential and targeted customers.
- Use electronic and published catalogs to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers.
- Solve or request management’s assistance to quickly solve customers’ problems.
- ·Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products.
- Promote and sell overages and discontinued items.
- Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude.
- Provide after-hours support for internal and external customers, as needed.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of Purvis products, so that these products can be presented professionally to our customers and potential customers.
- Obtain knowledge of competition’s pricing provided to customers, along with their products, financial data, sales numbers, and profit margins.
- Provide the best service in the industry to our customers.
- Adherence and compliance with the company’s Certificate of Conflicts of Interest, Confidentiality and Standards of Business Ethics, and Hiring Standards.
- Delivers superior customer service.
- Effective listening and good phone skills.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Professional demeanor.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
Purvis Industries offers a business casual environment with competitive base salary plus commission and benefits that include medical, dental/vision, Life, and 401k matching, as well as an aggressive vacation schedule. Purvis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and promotes a drug free workplace.