· Provide supervision and support to clients at the facility.
· Report on and monitor clients’ behavior.
· Offer clients guidance about recovery using the 12-step model.
· Conduct random urinalysis drug testing twice weekly and as outlined in PHC policy and procedure.
· Monitor all drug tests by observing samples being provided via same sex staff to client interaction.
· Document all results of each sample provided and have client sign and date the form used.
· Maintain records of urine submissions, and client related data.
· Contact the Program Manager and Clinical Director immediately should a conflict arise regarding U/A process.
· Report any unusual client behavior or suspicious activity to the Program Manager and Clinical Director.
· Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere strictly to confidentiality requirements.
· Comply with all Purpose Healing Center policies and procedures.
· Adhere to established standards of hygiene and universal infection control procedures in handling all samples and supplies.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· Understanding of the 12-steps, relevant recovery literature and principles.
· Understanding of behavioral health best practices.
· Understanding and Competency of hand washing and hygiene.
· Ability to set priorities, maintain accurate medical records on each client in accordance with the master treatment plan goals and Purpose Healing Center policy and procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in order to expedite treatment for each client.
· Understanding on how to complete the documentation of Urinalysis forms and obtain samples from clients.
· Expectation to subscribe to the Purpose Healing Center philosophy of total abstinence for recovering addicts/alcoholics and substance abuse clients.
· Ability to provide documentation and reports to clinical staff when required and necessary.
· Past or present consumer of mental health or substance abuse services with a history of managing one’s own illness (for at least 1 year, continuously). Awareness of the importance of recovery in living with a mental illness or addictions problem. Experience working directly with people in a service-oriented field is beneficial. Active membership in a consumer advocacy or self-help group. High school diploma or GED with 6 months behavioral health experience.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· 18 years if age or older.
· Current Certification in Waive Testing procedures and related training requirements.
· Be able to pass a criminal background check if required.
· Possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
· The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, and fax machine. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Purpose Healing Center is an at-will employer. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate manager or other management as required. Purpose Healing Center reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Purpose Healing Center
Why Work Here?Purpose Healing Center is Arizona’s leader in alcohol and substance abuse treatment, offering individualized inpatient and outpatient programs to help individuals recover from addiction. As a leader in the behavioral health care industry, Purpose Healing Center employs experts to ensure high-quality care for every patient. We are accredited by The Joint Commission to provide treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental behavioral health issues.
Purpose Healing Center provides great compensation and superb culture, which fosters personal growth and professional development!