Job is Located in Orem
The Press Operator runs a 10-color automatic printing press where they manage the production of printed textiles. They load the press with shirts and other products and ink and ensure that a high-quality finished product is created.
The following are the duties and responsibilities expected of a Screen-Printing Press Operator:
- Reviewing job orders to make the right adjustments to the press, placing colors in the correct order for the best overall print job.
- Handling production of the printed materials, including loading the product on the press. Ensures the finished product meets the specifications and is ready on schedule.
- Performing maintenance tasks on the auto press such as greasing and oiling.
To excel at their duties, a Screen-Printing Press Operator should have the following skills and qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of basic printing technologies. Some experience printing on a manual press would be helpful.
- A working knowledge of how to coat, burn, tape, and reclaim screens.
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
The minimum education requirement for a Press Operator is a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED). Generally, on-the-job training is provided for this position. Prior on the job training and demonstration of proficiency is required.
An experienced Screen-Printing Press Operator will have a minimum of one year’s experience working in a printing facility (3-5 years preferred). They should have a proven record of producing high-quality printed materials on schedule and to client specifications.
Purple Elephant Apparel
Why Work Here?Purple Elephant Apparel is a mid-sized Embroiderer and Screen Printer located in Orem, UT. We also do direct to garment printing and we broker the full range of promotional products. We have been in business over 39 years.
Family environment, great team, reasonable hours, no Sundays